Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198183

Greetings to all. As a newbie to this forum and having recently discovered pecan scanner existence I have been trying to get the pscan program to run with Monterey on a relatively young MacBook Pro before I pull the trigger on the hardware (I assume the scanner is still available)...am I wasting my time? Is there a work around? Will there be an update? Sadly I have an old MacBook Air running Lion I think, that I hoped would be the mule for pscan but at this point in time it has a fault and Im not sure that I can get this running to use the software. Cheers DG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198190

Hi

I think you need the hardware so you can interface with the car.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198192

Hi James, thanks for the reply. I would’ve thought that I might see a window come up after selecting pscan with perhaps some input then being required…but nothing happens after 10 mins. So are you suggesting that the emulator is looking for attached hardware to load up operating/display window?

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198196

In a word, yes.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dgriff

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198217

Can you post a screenshot of what progress you have made? Installing the software and making sure that it works before buying an interface is a pretty good idea.

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198220

Ok I reckon I've sorted the problem.....I made a mistake in the input string. Now corrected I can get the "Agreement" window and further to that I get to the port selection and language window. Presumably once the hardware is attached I get the option of a USB port selection? So Im thinking its time to get the Scan Tool hardware. Let me know. Cheers.

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198224

Hi Dgriff.

Please come back and let us know how it goes, If it works cleanly I can ditch my old PC laptop I just use for pscan now and move to Mac M1/ Monterey.
:yesnod:

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198234

Will do. Might be a few weeks before it get the hardware shipped and connected though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markvrs

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198261

Will do. Might be a few weeks before it get the hardware shipped and connected though.

I assume that your Macbook Pro is an Intel one and not an M1 chip?

The M1 is not supported at the moment. I could probably get it to work but someone is going to have to lend me an M1 powered Mac to do it. They are just too expensive to justify buying one right now.

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198263

Yep, Intel...2016 MacBook Pro Monterey 12.1

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 3 months ago #198264

anyone got a spare M1 powered Mac sitting around that they want to lend me ;)

The cheapest ones seem to be the MiniMac which would do.

I looked at renting one on Amazon AWS but I couldn't understand their pricing. It appears to be cheaper to just buy one then rent on AWS for a month.

MAC OSX compatibility 2 years 2 months ago #198494

OK, I have received the hardware and connected to the car. I am now able to progress further into the program which is encouraging. Selecting "Petrol" and "MEMS 3" gets me to a window that is telling me, checking "Checking K Line" and then "K line fault". Seems unusual as I used to have a diagnostic tool that would read the ECU info on this particular car. In anycase I will check the K line continuity/power/connection between ECU and 16 pin plug. Begs the question as I cant find a definitive answer....which pin connections am I checking and for what?...earth, continuity, power? With Thanks DG

PS - I did see the post for..." Mini MPI - K" line fault with an identical problem but not sure if the MEMS 2J would be the same.

Last edit: Post by Dgriff.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT