Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

OBD2 Codes 0136 & 0141 4 months 1 week ago #205192

Hi All,
So after having the engine light on with no codes a couple of weeks back after reply the battery, it been back twice since last Friday in both journeys. This time it’s thrown codes P0136 & 0141. According to my reader this is the Oxygen sensor 2 bank 1. Post cat? The drawings I have show two sensors but don’t differentiate between them - they’re both called Sensor-Heated Oxygen (T131). Are they identical? Are they accessible (I’m guessing not really)? Looking on the MGOC site there appears to be three listed could anyone confirm the part number. Is it worth doing both now?
On a completely different subject, the dipped beam is playing up by delaying lighting the first time it’s switched on. Once it on the first time it can switched on again perfectly. Is the switch mechanism in the stalk or is there some kind of linkage to the switches in the steering column?
Any help would be greatly appreciated before I start to delve into these issues.
Regards,
Michael.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:OBD2 Codes 0136 & 0141 4 months 1 week ago #205194

They are identical, post cat is the one prior to the back box (post or after cat) most likely you have an aftermarket cat and just one momentary blip will actvate the engine management lamp, I get the same on a long run (fed up with reseting) so I have a mil eliminator from elise parts to fit. I got a replacement (bosch) Lambda from MGF n TF bitz when I changed the cat.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:OBD2 Codes 0136 & 0141 4 months 1 week ago #205196

Thanks Steve. 👍🏻

Re:OBD2 Codes 0136 & 0141 4 months 1 week ago #205228

Max, you can borrow my spare lambda sensor to try plus the special socket to fit it if you like. PM me your address and i can get it in the post. You can post it back to me once done. Chris
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT