Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Head gasket... But which one? 2 years 5 months ago #197494

Hi everyone!

After hours of searching I'm still no closer to finding an answer...

I'm looking for a replacement HG, but there are just too many out there to choose from coupled with the usual ebay types whick include the gaskets, bolts, water pump and tensioner... price makes it very tempting, but I've always had that "Buy cheap, buy twice" mindset...

Anyone able to advise on the up to date recommendation for type and brand to go for?

Cheers

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Head gasket... But which one? 2 years 5 months ago #197496

Get in touch with MG obsession or Rimmer bros they will advise you best but DON'T buy cheap parts ! :nonod:
John .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy661, TaffD

Head gasket... But which one? 2 years 5 months ago #197500

I will chuck my oar in here. Because of so many problems with the MLS gasket just being chucked on and poor liner heights. the reccomandation is to check the liner heights before choosing a gasket, the liner heights must be 4 thou above the block and ALL EQUAL to use the MLS gasket, otherwise you should use the polymer one.

Victor Reinz is the gasket that the mobiles use.

Best supplier for Gaskets etc. is DMGRS ( Discount MG Rover spares) their service and prices are excellent.

Be very careful with cheap ebay gaskets as they dont last!!!!!

it is also advisable to replace the cam belt , tensioner and water pump while doing a head gasket.

use OEM water pumps.

Hope this helps

Bryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Johnny the Fox, sworkscooper, Andy661, TaffD

Head gasket... But which one? 2 years 5 months ago #197505

Yes Bryan, I've also used DMGRS for parts and as you say they are good on prices .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy661

Head gasket... But which one? 2 years 5 months ago #197621

Save yourself all the trouble. I got the HG and timing belt done in the summer there by Rough Luck, can't speak highly enough of them.
https://www.roughluckracing.com/

Head gasket... But which one? 2 years 5 months ago #197708

.....Anyone able to advise on the up to date recommendation for type and brand to go for?......

Hi Andy - as per Bryan above, it depends on your liner heights which you can't tell until your head is off.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Head gasket... But which one? 2 years 3 months ago #198075

Hi all,

Based on recommendations from the forum and fantastic advice from the guys at DMGRSP I decided to go for with the re-developed elastomer gasket.

running sweet as a nut now...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT