Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re:RE: Recommended repairer & front subframe purchase 5 years 9 months ago #187161

Thank you. I have sent Jon an e/mail today and see what the response will be. ........

E/mail sent Sunday but no response sadly. Will sent another tonight to see if that produces a response!!

As already suggested, give him a ring.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:RE: Recommended repairer & front subframe purchase 5 years 9 months ago #187271

Thank you. I have sent Jon an e/mail today and see what the response will be. ........

E/mail sent Sunday but no response sadly. Will sent another tonight to see if that produces a response!!

As already suggested, give him a ring.

Got a response after second e/mail with some details but sent second e/mail 6 days ago with a couple more questions and no response! Jon had indicated that I would have to take car to Glossop to do the subframe ( i understand that as he is 'mobile') but as car not taxed, insured and needing a MOT which wont get until repairs carried out obviously. To take it to Glossop (from Liverpool), I would have the added (tow truck) cost on what he has quoted which I am not sure includes his travel expenses, hence further questions! Jon may be busy, a good bloke and popular with some people, but 'communication' could be better - why have a website with a contact form?

Regardless, I still have the Warrington option but just means playing a game of patience and target March next year as the come back date.

Re:RE: Recommended repairer & front subframe purchase 5 years 9 months ago #187280

07766 993717

Ring him - most decent mechanics are not internet wizards, and it is much quicker to have the full conversation in one call than multiple emails.

Book time for a subframe swap is 5 hours.

Re:RE: Recommended repairer & front subframe purchase 5 years 1 month ago #189781

................... Regardless, I still have the Warrington option but just means playing a game of patience and target March next year as the come back date.

Well game of patience has paid off and get my TF back this week, all completed, MOT'd, insured and tax. If you are interested 'FM Sports Cars', Warrington (http://www.fm-sportscars.co.uk) carried out the work for me after collecting my car back in November which was the original collection date and replaced knackered wishbones and shot blasted the sub frame etc and returned to as new condition. The sub frame was apparently in good condition hence not replaced. All work completed by mid January which was earlier than expected and they were happy to wait for me to collect the car this month.

My next job on the car, is to get the 'hard top' repainted to match the colour of the car but already have someone in mind to that job during the summer along with a couple of minor body marks to iron out too. Hopefully get some nice weather in the summer and a few happy days.

Re:RE: Recommended repairer & front subframe purchase 5 years 1 month ago #189783

Good news for the early completion - thanks for the update.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT