Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186689

Ok,so I have removed the liners(don’t let anyone tel you the just push out)
I will order new ones and a shim set as the old ones were low,I know what the liner stand proud should be the trouble is I can’t find any information regarding fitting them the sealing compound that is applied on the ledge of the liner must make a difference to the stand proud plus the shim,
so do you fit the shim to the liner or the block and then the sealing compound or vice Versa,any body know the processes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186690

Hi,
Just had a look at the Rover Technical Data info, and according to this you run a 2mm bead of hylomer sealant around the stepped portion of the liner, then press the liner into position until it hits on the shoulder.

Cheers
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borypops

Re:Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186691

Hi,
Just had a look at the Rover Technical Data info, and according to this you run a 2mm bead of hylomer sealant around the stepped portion of the liner, then press the liner into position until it hits on the shoulder.

Cheers
David

Thanks for that,my problem is if I shim the liners to the correct height and then put the sealant in I am guessing it will make them higher

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186692

Hi, my guess here is virtually nothing. The sealant will be pushed along the sides of the liner.
Don’t forget that there is a tolerance on the heights, so I would set to middle limit before applying the sealant.

Re:Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186693

Bo, to be sure, can’t you assemble one dry, and measure the height, then assemble one with the sealant and re-measure? This will then tell you the answer that you need. If it is high, you can then remove before the sealant cures and adjust accordingly.

Re:Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186694

Hi,

Cheers
David

Thanks for that,my problem is if I shim the liners to the correct height and then put the sealant in I am guessing it will make them higher

It’s all irrelevant now,I just went out to clean up the block where the liners go,when I got the gunk of ,cracked block

Re:Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186695

Hi,

Cheers
David

It’s all irrelevant now,I just went out to clean up the block where the liners go,when I got the gunk of ,cracked block

Drowning my sorrows now deciding the next direction more money🍻🍺🍸🍷🥃

Re:Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186703

Hi,

Cheers
David

:( :( :(

:( :(:(
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re:Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186711

At least you found it before going too far.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Cylinder liner hieght 5 years 10 months ago #186713

Yep could have been worse

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT