Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

DEAD K SERIES ENGINE 11 years 5 months ago #93286

Checked the inertia switch before i took fuel pipe off to see if fuel was getting through i thought if the knock sensor had gone you got no spark. thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DEAD K SERIES ENGINE 11 years 5 months ago #93288

• Visitor
  • Visitor
check fuese under front bonnet,check fuses in the cabin,also check the fuse on the bulk head if your car has one.then unplug your ecu and then replug it in with ignition off.the ecu often gets damp somehow.my number is 07917 035532 and i can talk you through some tests

DEAD K SERIES ENGINE 11 years 5 months ago #93291

Thanks Daz i will have another look at Ecu on friday will keep your number just in case i need it .Thanks

DEAD K SERIES ENGINE 11 years 4 months ago #93300

• Visitor
  • Visitor
if the car hass been running fina,and last time i saw it when it was 3 ft behind my bumper at 80 mph she was running a bit too well.
and at slow speed it just stopped,if the belt is still on and the mecancial side is fine,and she has compression its fuel or spark.
compression would go over time,and a snapped belt you would hear.

very common cause.

earth strap engine to bodywork.battery terminals.battery earth.

fuse to fuel pump,or fuel pump.also check the pipes to the engine fuel lines.

turn key so the dash lights are on and if you can hear the engine componants moving

then turn engine over for around 20 turns,then remove a plug if its wet you have fuel.

so then check the wires that go into the plugs we had one come out of a map sensor that was fun.

check cam sensor,and crank sensor.

or if your in the aa or rac get them out.with this dam cars if you can plug them in in seconds you can see the problem.

the speed bump may be a red herring.

i dont think you can flood a injection system.it will be a basic fault if your car was running perfect before it broke down.

and also check the plug under the manifold .the issue is nowday the wires are getting old and sometimes they break away from the

plug,so give the wire a very gentle tug to make sure they are still connected.I also found swearing at the cars often does help.

DEAD K SERIES ENGINE 11 years 4 months ago #93323

I also found swearing at the cars often does help.

Loved that bit Daz right at the bottom of your advice, i have done lots of swearing at it today lol
Thanks for the advice

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT