Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New "project"? 11 years 6 months ago #82765

Off to look at this as its pretty close to where I live.

By the checkup it was originally green, he provisionally sold it to a friend whom then got it sprayed yellow and then crashed it in a carpark...

Sale fell through the lad has sourced all the bits needed for rebuild and fitted them, panel gaps are a bit off but just need tinkering with to get them to sit right, he did a 200 mile round trip like this and the car was fine apparently.

Mechanically sound, or so he says, a 1.8 VVC, comes with a good rear screen to be fitted and a TF bootlid.
MOT and tax have expired but can book it in for an MOT in Carlisle the day I go see it, will allow me to drive it back if his story checks out.

Will be looking at a relatively quick turn around, business is only just getting off the ground and was looking for something with a blown head gasket but I think this has a bit of potential under all that tape..

Madness?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: New "project"? 11 years 6 months ago #82766

I'm guessing behind all that tape there's not a whole lot left of the slam panel or light brackets .... :dry:

Good luck. :broon:

Re: New "project"? 11 years 6 months ago #82769

Maybe, it will be something I will definitely be checking, although usually they appear a bit cross eyed if the bracket has been affected.

Still there's an F in the scrappy in Carlisle with the slam panel and crash cans still to be pilfered from it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons

Re: New "project"? 11 years 6 months ago #82775

Maybe, it will be something I will definitely be checking, although usually they appear a bit cross eyed if the bracket has been affected.

Still there's an F in the scrappy in Carlisle with the slam panel and crash cans still to be pilfered from it!

:lol: that's the spirit. :broon:

Re: New "project"? 11 years 5 months ago #83093

Might be worth a giggle but the paint job will set you back, loads of TF's going sub £800, couple for £600 with Tax and test. :broon:

Re: New "project"? 11 years 5 months ago #83105

I'd be tempted to vinyl wrap it tbh - possibly the most cost effective way of getting the cosmetics upto scratch?

Looks like a nice project :broon:

Re: New "project"? 11 years 5 months ago #83249

Invalid or non-existent item ID.how about putting an offer in for this ?

little bit of work but could be a goodun
TF160

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Re: New "project"? 11 years 5 months ago #83254

You've got to look at what a good P reg F would fetch?
Then how much would the work cost?

I would be surprised if you can get much more than the cost of the fix, tbh.

IMO, you should stick with the original plan, get a good newer car with HGF and fix the HG.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: New "project"? 11 years 5 months ago #83306

That's a fair point David.

An F going cheap in Glasgow requiring a new clutch with all parts included going for just over £250.
Just don't know too much about it, no reg included so cant check anything at the moment.

Re: New "project"? 11 years 5 months ago #83317

There are a couple of routes you could follow here -

1) Repairing K series cars with HGF
2) Repairing MGRover cars with hydraulic clutch problems - MGF/ZS/45 or even cabled cars such as the 25/ZR - most of them actually have release problems rather than a failed clutch plate.

Both the above are quick to sort, normally in a day and turn a scrap car into a runner.
Tidy any other faults, quick valet and an MOT and you can turn a quick profit.

Body work repairs - even bolt on panels are more time consuming, you may need to arrange painting, wrapping isn't that cheap, sourcing second hand panels can be time consuming, especially in the correct colour and even then they will have aged differently.

If this is your chosen route I'd look at more expensive cars where the difference between damaged and good cars is greater.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: New "project"? 11 years 5 months ago #83323

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Good bodywork is a must, as said before I would rather fix a HGF than sort out the cosmetics, and trust me I know :nonod:

Re: New "project"? 11 years 5 months ago #83342

I hope I never do but if I get HGF again its straight round to yours then Jan

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.997 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT