Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Inspiration to sell your F/TF? 14 years 4 months ago #7191

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

The problem with the now affordable supercars is their upkeep.

Really, the only one I'd have from that lot is the Scooby or the Jag, sad as it may sound. The Skyline is a technically great car, but how outdated is it starting to look.

My favourite would have to be the Maserati, but let's be realistic here, it may only cost a couple of grand more than I paid for my TF, but wait until the first thing goes wrong.

A major transmission or engine fault on the Maserati or Bentley would cost more than it would cost to replace a WHOLE MG TF and that is the problem with most of these cars.

Agreed and let's not even get started on the fuel consumption! :yikes:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Inspiration to sell your F/TF? 14 years 4 months ago #7200

The problem with the now affordable supercars is their upkeep.

Really, the only one I'd have from that lot is the Scooby or the Jag, sad as it may sound. The Skyline is a technically great car, but how outdated is it starting to look.

My favourite would have to be the Maserati, but let's be realistic here, it may only cost a couple of grand more than I paid for my TF, but wait until the first thing goes wrong.

A major transmission or engine fault on the Maserati or Bentley would cost more than it would cost to replace a WHOLE MG TF and that is the problem with most of these cars.

ironically thats the problem ive had with my TF... after loosing my full time job i found that i had a sports car i loved all paid for then realized what it was costing me to run... ie £220 a month in insurance and then the clutch went which ment taking it off the road for 2 month as i couldn't afford garage fees... then tyres were needed and i could only afford re-moulds, thankfully all is now well... and im earning a decent wage again, but it really made me realize just what our cars can cost to run over say a 1.0 fiesta or what have you
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Inspiration to sell your F/TF? 14 years 4 months ago #7211

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Fair enough, if you have no money I think any car is a burden.

I can understand the insurance being more, but I cannot understand the comparison between the TF and a Fiesta.

I have been very surprised at how cheap things are for the TF. Surely a clutch and tyres for a Fiesta wouldn't be much cheaper than the TF.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT