Sign In   Register

Topic

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7022

My ZS has 'ZS' in the plate but the others don't as yet. I like them but cannot justify the cost of them. So waiting until I find the right ones that fit but not cost the earth. The Discovery could do with one as it'll hide the age and the 'F' needs one as YAP in the last three digits does not sit well with Mrs Stamford for some strange reason :rolleyes2:

I think they are fine if done right, the wife wanted one that was close to her name...................all well and good if you have around £55k to spend!

Guess what? She no longer wants that one!
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7025

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

My ZS has 'ZS' in the plate but the others don't as yet. I like them but cannot justify the cost of them. So waiting until I find the right ones that fit but not cost the earth. The Discovery could do with one as it'll hide the age and the 'F' needs one as YAP in the last three digits does not sit well with Mrs Stamford for some strange reason :rolleyes2:

I think they are fine if done right, the wife wanted one that was close to her name...................all well and good if you have around £55k to spend!

Guess what? She no longer wants that one!

its not easy, I always wanted B1 AND my second name is BLAND but they just havent got it, the TF53GOS was 245 quid all in (bargain I thought) :) but wasnt my first or second choice. pleased with it tho

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7031

I have a found a couple of versions that are okay, have mine and the wife's initials in them and consecutive numbers as well and they are around £350 ish. All depends on how fussy you are I suppose.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7032

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
One for the discovery http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/home/en/Gallery/car?plate=D19 COV&m=2&v=56

You can select discovery from the drop down menu, but it keeps reverting to Aston when you post the link.

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7055

I would also go for L44WCK, it just seems tidier somehow.

I have personal plates, but it was more of a have to than a want to. For some reason known only to the idiot bureaucrats, Transport Tasmania can only supply one slimline plate and one full size plate. If you want two slimline plates you have to order personal plates at the appropriate cost.

Tell Transport Tasmania that you have lost the front one and you need a replacement. a replacement plate should be cheap, then stick it on the rear!

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7056

I hate Beryl's private plate... R88 EXY.... However, I do think that some of the private plates do look good..
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7060

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

Tell Transport Tasmania that you have lost the front one and you need a replacement. a replacement plate should be cheap, then stick it on the rear!

Doh, I didn't think of that, Ahh well maybe next time I'm about to give up the plate off my B "MG 0017" since when I have finished the restoration I'm putting her on an SI plate

Craig

discovery 14 years 4 months ago #7093

• Visitor
  • Visitor

One for the discovery http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/home/en/Gallery/car?plate=D19 COV&m=2&v=56

You can select discovery from the drop down menu, but it keeps reverting to Aston when you post the link.

you have to chnge the numbers in the link to get the correct picture, they can be found by viewing the page source.

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/home/en/Gallery/car?plate=D19%20COV&m=50&v=198

I was thinking of getting this

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/home/en/Gallery/car?plate=TS02%20TPS&m=19&v=90

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7094

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Aha, thanks for that. :)

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7213

Personal plates are cool :)

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7441

• figo
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless
Id Say cool...

F7GOS ;)
MG TF 135 135 Bhp

Personal Plates-Cool Or Sad? 14 years 4 months ago #7457

Cool

I have X31 PJB on my X-Type - wanted B4TCH but that was loads of money..!!

I fancy PJB 31X for the MGF, I did see MG01 PJB but as my MGF is a W reg I cant get it..!!

I saw PJZ 1994 (NI plate) quite cheap.

Paul

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT