Sign In   Register

Topic

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #6787

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Thinking about investing in some new front discs as the braking is getting much more wobbly at high speeds. :frown: If I've got AP's fitted what are the options when it comes to discs? Will probably get greenstuffs as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #6788

I got my drilled / grooved discs on ebay, paid a bit extra for them to have the anti rust coating on them (dunno how long it will last) obviously it wears off the friction surface.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-TF-160-304mm-Front-Drilled-Grooved-Brake-Discs-02_W0QQitemZ110448415529QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b73d1329

Cant comment on how good they work yet but the service was excellent. I also fitted Greenstuff pads.

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #6793

I have bought the EBC Green stuff pads already for when I get my APs :) Mintex are good as well I was told.

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #6796

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

I got my drilled / grooved discs on ebay, paid a bit extra for them to have the anti rust coating on them (dunno how long it will last) obviously it wears off the friction surface.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-TF-160-304mm-Front-Drilled-Grooved-Brake-Discs-02_W0QQitemZ110448415529QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b73d1329

Cant comment on how good they work yet but the service was excellent. I also fitted Greenstuff pads.

Seems like quite a good price in all fairness. :) I'm toying with those that you've suggested or these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGF-MG-TF160BHP-MINTEX-FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-304MM-AND-PADS_W0QQitemZ360069381698QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53d5cebe42

I have bought the EBC Green stuff pads already for when I get my APs :) Mintex are good as well I was told.

Thanks Sam... I'm running on Red Stuff at the mo but they're almost worn out so might as well change them whilst replacing the discs.

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #6965

Thinking about investing in some new front discs as the braking is getting much more wobbly at high speeds. :frown: If I've got AP's fitted what are the options when it comes to discs? Will probably get greenstuffs as well.

Its worth looking at both Black Diamond and Tarox disc if you fancy spending your pennies both will improve the braking performance, as would the Black diamond Carbon Ceramic pads, used them on the Nurburgring last August with no fade.
Chris

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #7109

I'd recommend Mintex pads over Greenstuff for the front if you do a lot of 'spirited' driving ;) Disc wise, can't really recommend as I don't have the APs :shake:

I use Greenstuff on the rear and they're ok there though :yesnod:

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #7117

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Its worth looking at both Black Diamond and Tarox disc if you fancy spending your pennies both will improve the braking performance, as would the Black diamond Carbon Ceramic pads, used them on the Nurburgring last August with no fade.
Chris

Thanks for the recommendation I'll check them out. :)

I'd recommend Mintex pads over Greenstuff for the front if you do a lot of 'spirited' driving ;) Disc wise, can't really recommend as I don't have the APs :shake:

I use Greenstuff on the rear and they're ok there though :yesnod:

Thanks Dan! Do Mintex come in different grades like greenstuff, redstuff etc.?

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #7121

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Makes my investment seem so much sweeter http://www.the-t-bar.com/showthread.php?t=576&highlight=discs

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #7123

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Makes my investment seem so much sweeter http://www.the-t-bar.com/showthread.php?t=576&highlight=discs

Show off! :prrr:

Well if you spot any more bargains like that then please let me know! :poke:

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #7125

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #7126

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Brake discs 14 years 4 months ago #7127