Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wiring loom Auto Electrician 14 years 5 months ago #670

Hi i am after a good auto electrician on the south coast (Brighton Area) but willing to travel a bit if the right man can be found.

I need the following work done.

1 After making a complete hash of swapping the boot over i need my loom repaired.

2. I want to upgrade my wing mirrors to electric ones.

Any recommendations?

Alternatively I have seen Looms for sale on Ebay how hard would it be to run a new one in?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wiring loom Auto Electrician 14 years 5 months ago #681

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
If it is a full loom then it would be a nightmare as it would be a dashboard off job and disconnect everything electrical and then try to remember where all the connections go.

A part loom would be easier, or just patch in the part of the loom you need to.

Regards the mirrors, I would check first that the connections and loom aren't already there. It is often easier and cheaper for a car manufacturer to use a common loom, so the connections may already be their. You would need the mirror switch and a new instrument binnacle cover as well.

Wiring loom Auto Electrician 14 years 5 months ago #686

If it is a full loom then it would be a nightmare as it would be a dashboard off job and disconnect everything electrical and then try to remember where all the connections go.

A part loom would be easier, or just patch in the part of the loom you need to.

Regards the mirrors, I would check first that the connections and loom aren't already there. It is often easier and cheaper for a car manufacturer to use a common loom, so the connections may already be their. You would need the mirror switch and a new instrument binnacle cover as well.

Thanks for replying. Were electric mirrors always an option or was it somthing introduced on the MK2? I have the switch and mirrors what is this misterious instrument binnacle you speak of?

Wiring loom Auto Electrician 14 years 5 months ago #687

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I have the switch and mirrors what is this misterious instrument binnacle you speak of?

It is where the switch goes. I will try and post a pic later.

Wiring loom Auto Electrician 14 years 5 months ago #690

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
This is the bit. It goes in front of the intruments, just behind the steering wheel.

Wiring loom Auto Electrician 14 years 5 months ago #713

This is the bit. It goes in front of the intruments, just behind the steering wheel.

Ooh I think I have that already with a blanking plate does this mean I have the loom too I wonder :dunno:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT