Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: what polish 11 years 10 months ago #54422

I mostly use Autoglym, when I get a car i wash it then go over it with 2000 compound followed by Super Resin. I try to wash the TF and the Fiat every week with a branded product. As you can see I have a small collection, but I can stop whenever I wanr to :( .
I have got a 5l Comma Halfords own Meguiars and Carplan Triple Wax, they all work fine.I only realised i had that much when i posed them for that shot :P
My experince is that the brand of car wash doesnt matter, just keep the car clean and the shine will last. You can see the 2000X Fiat behind the TF taken 2 years ago I'm finding out how much trouble I'm in with the alloys here. The Fiat looks exactly the same today I have waxed it twice in the 11 years its been here. Oh and if the car is new or just resprayed let the paint harden for at least 2 weeks a month if you can resist that long before polishing.
The TF has only been washed with the Comma in this shot, it was shiny when I got it. Since then i have used Meguiars Speed Detailer swirl X and shampoo on it, not in that order. i got a package deal on them at the Uxbridge Car Show last year. TBH I dont have an opinion between them and Autoglym.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Stan_B. Reason: wrong pic, oops

Re: what polish 11 years 10 months ago #54425

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I have been using AutoGlym for many years and still use some of their stuff now, but for polish I have started to use Mothers - very impressed with it.

Re: what polish 11 years 10 months ago #54558

How about using something like M3 G-mop first on a polisher. Then using something like Encore resin wax.. Both available from car paint suppliers
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Re: what polish 11 years 10 months ago #54578

Started off using autoglym then swapped to mag. polish and wax. I find it far better. Still use the autoglym detailer....at least until it runs out. Also use autoglym shampoo

Re: what polish 11 years 10 months ago #54596

I like the Poorboys range of polishes:

http://www.detailedclean.co.uk/car-polish-and-compounds/poorboys-polish-with-sealant-16oz-79

Reasonable price and good quality, plenty of different places sell them these days. I must admit I have never cleaned the MG yet, it's rained every day that I've had time to do it so far.....here's hoping for a decent few days soon.
" The Nation that forgets it's defenders, shall itself be soon forgot" Calvin Coolidge

Re: what polish 11 years 10 months ago #54608

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Meg, Autoglym and Mothers all excellent IMO. Also used Mer which I found good.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT