Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

how to finish your softop off after window replace 12 years 1 month ago #40450

this is an old how to i did some where else :broon:
looking at my old blue F you could see the rivets around the edge so i thought how can i ger rid of the gap
i had some neoprine ruber on a roll with sticky tape on one side
cost £3.00 off eay for 1.5 mtr

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Neoprene-rubbe...item2a0ebfa70d

however if you fancy the correct foam

original MG Rover foam for only £41.80 when in stock.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-MUC3610A

before

after

mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44, Leigh Ping, Beth557

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by MGF MARK.

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 12 years 1 month ago #40848

Mark

That looks very neat - what size tape did you use? - ebay item has been removed. I need to replace my rear window so might as well sort the foam edging too (mine's loking a bit ropey)

Phil

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 12 years 1 month ago #40858

Phil, also check this out :broon:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by Bertl.

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 12 years 1 month ago #40871

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

Mark

That looks very neat - what size tape did you use? - ebay item has been removed. I need to replace my rear window so might as well sort the foam edging too (mine's loking a bit ropey)

Phil

opps sorry here is another linki :broon:

Neoprene rubber self-adhesive strip 20mm x 10mm x 5m
Completed
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 12 years 1 month ago #40928

defo geting some of this, some fs and tfs the hood sits nice and tight and you dont see the rivets
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 12 years 1 month ago #40964

Mark and David

Thanks for the links guys - when I get the window replaced I'll be using some of the tape. Mine's looking rough at the moment, so it needs tidying up.

Phil

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 11 years 2 months ago #94606

I recently opened the motor compartment to change the spark plugs, oil, crank belt etc. When I lifted the back of the soft top, I experienced some resistance, although all the clips were released: the foam was not only glued to the soft top but also to the body. The result was that I partly destroyed the foam. Nevertheless as my MG TF 2005 was always garaged, besides this it was still in good shape and I could get the dimensions of the foam: it is 10 mm thick and 20 mm wide.
I hope this may help, probably a little bit late for Phil,

Rik
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 11 years 2 months ago #94609

Useful to have the dimensions.
:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 11 years 2 months ago #94624

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I miss Mark on here, when it came to electrics etc he really knew his stuff :(

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 11 years 2 months ago #94809

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Was that Mark the sparks ?....................sorry i couldn't resist.................. :slapme:

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 11 years 2 months ago #94813

Was that Mark the sparks ?....................sorry i couldn't resist.................. :slapme:

Yep, he's pretty much a genius with that stuff. Although, I'm sure Clive could give him a run for his money. Sparkies.. they're a diferent breed. :lol:

Re: how to finish your softop off after window replace 11 years 2 months ago #94818

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Yes he was a genius when it came to electrics, led's, low coolant alarms etc etc :broon:

• Page:
Time to create page: 2.181 seconds