Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #52412

Remarkable before and after shots of the 'Blackbird'.

Hard to believe that it's the same car!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #52451

I would love to see a tf in matt blue but i dont think i'd have the balls to do it myself.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #52475

Go for it, you can always peel it off....

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #52488

I've seen a matt blue m3 in lloyds and think it would be good on a tf. I'll have to come and see you some day and get a good look at your car.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #52498

Well the engine is in tiny pieces on my kitchen floor at the moment so its not going anywhere fast! ha!

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 11 months ago #52505

what part of carlisle are you in and i might pop around sometime.

MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 10 months ago #56051

Hi, just wondering how this has held up, have you had to do much touching up/respraying, also how are the wheels?

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 9 months ago #59768

Hi, sorry I've not been here in a while, had 3 weeks in France/Paris and then have been stripping the engine down to get the head sorted out.

Paintwork is fine, noticed that after being stood for a month it seems to "catch" more of the dust when it rains so ends up looking a bit horrendous, a quick mop down with a bit of soapy water and all is fine again.

This will be 7 months the paint has been on and so far everything has help up pretty well, even the wheels are still looking good!

If anything the plastidip will protect the paintwork and lacquer underneath as I start to put the engine back together again.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 9 months ago #59769

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Cracking stuff I wonder if anyone will try a dash with this ?

MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 8 months ago #63960

Impressive :) out of curiosity have you been brave enough to try a jet wash on it? The ones in the petrol stations more specifically

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT