The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Replied by andy1970h on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49479
Thanks to years of company cars, and the family wagon being my wife's, I've only owned four cars so to put them in order:

1. 2004 Tf160 - even when it's costing more in parts than it cost to buy.
2. 1987 Fiat Panda 4x4 - My parents bought it new and I bought it from my Mum 11 years later, it died the day before I collected my first company car
3. 1994/1995 Citroen AXs - Bought the AX Neon brand new and it was written off by a mad woman in a Metro 8 months later - insurance company replaced it with an AX Spree and sold that six months later.

So to fill up the 5 I'll add my two favourite company cars
1. 2004 BMW Mini Cooper S - Was the car we drove to Venice and back, via Paris, Geneva, Lucerne and Epernay, on honeymoon. The best car I've ever had after my TF.
2. 2002 Toyota Celica VVTi - Such great fun to drive and almost as rev hungry as the TF and even more gutless at low revs :)

Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jackson on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49488
Well, I have only ever owned 4 cars so:

1. TF135
2. ZR 105+ Mk I
3. ZR 105 MK II
4. Clio MK II
by Jackson

• bensewell
  • bensewell's Avatar Offline
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

Replied by bensewell on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49492
1.. TF135 (Current)
2. Mini Cooper 1.3i
3. MG ZR 160
4. Vaux Vectra SRI (Current)
5. Vaux Nova 1.2 Merit :)

• Humphrey
  • Humphrey's Avatar Offline
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • It's better to wear out than to rust out

Replied by Humphrey on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49519

This was my favourite ..great 4x4....sadly I gave it away - this is one of my uncles in Alabama who now owns it and who loves it to bits!! :woohoo:
John

'I started off with nuthin and still got most of it left!'

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realised
that people didn't like me anyway!

Last Edit:12 years 1 month ago by Humphrey
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Humphrey.

Replied by rog1963 on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49529
I don't think that the roll cage would bear up too well should it overturn. ;)
by rog1963

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49546
mine is xjs jag v12
m3 e36 bmw
m5 e28 bmw
ferrari 308 gtb
ferrari f40 (not owned by me but had use of it for 2 years
porsche 911 turbo
by a Guest

• tui
  • tui's Avatar Offline
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

Replied by tui on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49604
Some great cars in people's lists! Not surprisingly, lots of MGs...!

I've only owned 6 cars since I passed my test in 2006, so I guess the Micra doesn't get into the top 5!

1. 1997 MGF VVC Armanth - Penelope Mk2

2. 1997 MGF MPI Armanth - Penelope Mk1

3. 1995 Nissan 100NX Black - this was the first car I bought for myself. Made it from Brighton to Stratford (170 miles ish) in under an hour and a half in her :dry:

4. 1993 Nissan 100NX Blue (I took the alloys off!)

5. Citroex AX - can't remember registration, but this was my first car, bought by Dad when I was 17 :drive: I haven't got a pic, but she was dark blue, 4-speed gearbox. I got her up to 105mph on the motorway, with my friend and most of my belongings in the car! Sadly she was crushed :( - I parked in a motorbike space out of desperation as I needed to go to work and when I had my lunch break and went to check on her, she was gone :nonod:

Humphrey wrote:

This was my favourite ..great 4x4....sadly I gave it away - this is one of my uncles in Alabama who now owns it and who loves it to bits!! :woohoo:
John

That is fantastic! My housemate has a GoPed

but that looks like much more fun!

-=Visit my Website!=-

Last Edit:12 years 1 month ago by tui
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by tui.

Replied by verve34 on topic The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49635
well i've not owned 5 cars as I'm a 2 wheeled freak at heart (well until I bought the silver roller skate) so here goes

1. Has to be my Nissan sunny 1.6 estate it's a car I would never had bought except for my brother in law was diagnosed with epilepsy so had licence took off him so I gave her a new home. she was getting on in years but in just over the 6 yrs I owned her she never not once didn't start even when we had that real cold spell couple off yrs back she stared first turn off key every time, I had great time in which we went every where without missing a beat mates wedding in Dundee (1000 mile round trip) isle of white festival which again about 1000 miles maybe more great little car
by verve34

Replied by alanrt54 on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49681
Not necessarily my favourite cars but certainly the most fun were

1. WNV511 and JOJ539E 1960 and 1967 Ford Anglias. My first 2 cars very rarely went round a corner without the rear wheels sliding. (both scrapped)

2 NVT904F 1967 Mk3 Spitfire with fibreglass sills. rear wings and a third of the floor! Also oversize tyres. In the snow I could turn it round in its own length from a standstill, Full lock, foot down and feel the back end slide, drifting going nowhere!, take your foot off when pointing the way you want to go.(Sold for spares)

3. UKX660R 1977 TR7. Coupe of course no convertibles until 1979. Courted my wife in this car but had to go when I got married couldn't afford the repair bills any longer. Totally unreliable at 4 years old. (Sold on)

4. BFM7W 1980 Metro 998 and a 1981 whose reg no I can't recall. Pity they rust. Just a bigger, slightly more practical Mini, thanks to the hatchback, Mini. BFM7W came to a sad end when a drunk in an XR3 failed to go round a 90 degree bend, at Brean in Somerset, and sideswiped me. Not funny with my wife, 3 children and my sister's dog in the car. lost he number plate to. I let the tax run out to give me 12 months to sell or transfer the number then someone stole the wreck from my front garden and Swansea wouldn't let me keep it as when a vehicle is stolen the vehicle has to be taxed and Mot'd at the time of the theft!

5. The F of course, my first convertible since the Spitfire
Last Edit:12 years 1 month ago by alanrt54
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by alanrt54.

Replied by djbutler on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49755
Not an easy one to answer but here goes.

1994 Toyota supra 320 bhp
1992 SAAB Griffin 280bhp with full factory body kit(1 of 50 made)
2000 Toyota MR2 145bhp
1948 Allard 3.6ltr (my first car at 18)
1948 Triumph Roadster (1776 jaguar engine) 2nd car

The MG TF, well have only had it a few weeks and it's a second car so only for good weather but it would most likely end up around no twelve behind the BMW502 I bought in 1967 on my first tour with the boys in BAOR.

" The Nation that forgets it's defenders, shall itself be soon forgot" Calvin Coolidge

Replied by Sergi Bmw on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #50154
Well... easy enough for me as I had "only" 5 cars..

1st 2003 BMW 318Ti Compact
2nd 2002 MG TF 160
3rd 1988 Lancia Y10 Fire
4th 2011 Honda CR-V 2.2 I-dtec
5th 1998 Citroen XM 2.0 VSX

Replied by dunga on topic The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #50168
Mitsubishi fto
Mgtf
Rover 620ti
Mr2 mk1
Toyota corolla t-sport
by dunga

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds