Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3359

would it be possible to buy this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ROVER-REMOTE-KEY-FOBS-3-BUTTON-NEW_W0QQitemZ320447532168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9c294c88 and desolder the components and then solder the components from a mk1 key fob + boot release component and have it programmed (obviously with a remote boot opener fited to the car)? everything is possible with enough cash so the question is what would it cost? is it feasible? (just incase the link doesnt work its to the 3 button key fob)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3360

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Sounds like what Gerry did to Goldenwheels. The bootlid had an electronic release and this was triggered by a fob. Not sure how he did it/how much it cost but if you don't hear back from anyone on here let me know & I'll pop him an email and see if he has any advice. :)

Crap I'm signed in as Frank... sorry hun, Kara x

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3361

Sounds like what Gerry did to Goldenwheels. The bootlid had an electronic release and this was triggered by a fob. Not sure how he did it/how much it cost but if you don't hear back from anyone on here let me know & I'll pop him an email and see if he has any advice. :)

Crap I'm signed in as Frank... sorry hun, Kara x

thanks for the quick reply ive seen a wiring diagram for that but what im after is can i put the fobs into 1 fob if you know what i mean...

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3362

thanks for the quick reply ive seen a wiring diagram for that but what im after is can i put the fobs into 1 fob if you know what i mean...

Ah I see, well Goldenwheels had two fobs - the normal fob, and one for the door & bonnet release so he didn't put them into 1.

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3364

It would be much easier to buy and fit an aftermarket alarm system that controls the locking, boot popper etc. You can even have remote windows up/down, headlights etc.

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3387

would it be possible to buy this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ROVER-REMOTE-KEY-FOBS-3-BUTTON-NEW_W0QQitemZ320447532168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9c294c88 and desolder the components and then solder the components from a mk1 key fob + boot release component and have it programmed (obviously with a remote boot opener fited to the car)? everything is possible with enough cash so the question is what would it cost? is it feasible? (just incase the link doesnt work its to the 3 button key fob)

I am not sure why you think that adding old parts to a new fob is necessary.
Once you have the new fob programmed it should work your doors etc as normal. The problem will be that the reciever/ECU whatever, is not expecting or rigged for a third signal. Now what you need to get that working I am not sure of.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3417

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Won't work I'm afraid, the alarm ECU doesn't support the "3rd button" feature.

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3420

It would be much easier to buy and fit an aftermarket alarm system that controls the locking, boot popper etc. You can even have remote windows up/down, headlights etc.

Oooh thanks Matt, that's reminded me the second fob on Goldenwheels used for the boot release was also used for the Toad Alarm. It was this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOAD-REMOTE-ALARM-KEY-FOB-4-BUTTON-C_W0QQitemZ110447563858QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b7301452

key fob 14 years 6 months ago #3429

thanks for the input looks like its back yo the drawing board

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT