Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Steam... 12 years 4 months ago #35161

I had problems getting all the air out of my system untill I bled the system at my parents place...

Now the entrance to their garage is a slight incline so the back of the car was higher than the front, bled it once and its been fine ever since. you could try something similar if your having problems.

Also if you already have the uprated head gasket a previous owner might have had HGF at some point. If emulsified oil has worked its way into the coolant system it could have clogged up parts of the radiator, heater matrix and other restrictive areas of an already limited coolant system.

A trick the Land Rover lads have been using for years is a crushed up dishwasher tablet in the expansion tank for 500 miles. Now dishwasher tablets are designed to be non foaming, so you wont have bubbles everywhere, they also lift oil, grease, fats off surfaces and suspend them in the water allowing them to then be flushed out of the system.

I have done this and can vouch that it works, the colour of the coolant that was flushed out of my system was shocking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping, Tsleight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Steam... 12 years 4 months ago #35162

Great pics TSleight and a great tip LuckyMarine. Very informative and useful for members. Nice one guys. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT