• Page:

Topic

Tyres - Flat or otherwise 14 years 6 months ago #2714

• bacchus's Avatar Topic Author
  • bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
I had a flat tyre on the way to work this morning and after getting it fixed it looks like I'm going to have to replace it and the other rear one after my next track day, since both are down almost to the wear indicator.

Currently I'm running Goodyear eagle GS D3s 195/55 R15 (yes I know the issues) all round which have lasted just less than 12 months (about 15,000km) now I'm wondering do I replace the rears with what I have already got or do I bite the bullet and replace the whole lot with something that is as good or better on the track and wears better? bare in mind I do 12 to 15 track days a year and to be honest I've been happier with the handling and grip than I was with the Falkens ZE 512's that were on the car previously.

Craig

:bacchus:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tyres - Flat or otherwise 14 years 6 months ago #2732

could you not get a spare set of wheels to use for your trackdays?

off topic.......just donated, i lost a friend to prostate and know what depression is like.......... are you going to keep the 'tache?

Tyres - Flat or otherwise 14 years 6 months ago #2733

I have two sets of 15" VVC alloys for sale, one with half to two third worn Bridgestone RE 55's and the other with third worn Toyo T1R's, but I am looking for $500 a set.

Tyres - Flat or otherwise 14 years 6 months ago #2807

• bacchus's Avatar Topic Author
  • bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

I have two sets of 15" VVC alloys for sale, one with half to two third worn Bridgestone RE 55's and the other with third worn Toyo T1R's, but I am looking for $500 a set.

That's tempting Andrew, I shall have to have a think about it. It would certainly save a few problems. It won't happen this month though I hve a few too many other expenses coming up.

could you not get a spare set of wheels to use for your trackdays?

Phil I think thats the way to go, I was stuck in false economy mode trying to get away without two sets.

off topic.......just donated, i lost a friend to prostate and know what depression is like.......... are you going to keep the 'tache?

Thanks for your Donation Phil, Like you I have lost friends and family to both depression and prostate cancer most recently my father-in-law.

I'm not sure at this stage if i'll keep it, I'm starting to like it, in fact you could say its growing on me (groan) but my wife said if it stays after "Movember" I had better learn to like sleeping in the spare room....lol

Craig

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT