Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Trickle chargers 13 years 3 months ago #20506

I emailed ctek - they replied that the charger should be disconnected from the battery before starting.

As the perminate attachment leads are only short and I don't want to have to lift the bonnet everytime I start the car so I guess I'll have to use longer leads and/or a clever relay arrangment.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Trickle chargers 13 years 3 months ago #20509

I emailed ctek - they replied that the charger should be disconnected from the battery before starting.

As the perminate attachment leads are only short and I don't want to have to lift the bonnet everytime I start the car so I guess I'll have to use longer leads and/or a clever relay arrangment.

Are you able to route the permanent leads through into the car ? so the charger can be disconnected from the battery and mains supply before starting!! :whistle:

Re: Trickle chargers 13 years 3 months ago #20513

Are you able to route the permanent leads through into the car ? so the charger can be disconnected from the battery and mains supply before starting!! :whistle:

I would but the ctek lead is only about a foot long, it would need to be 4 times that to have the charger in the cabin.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT