Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Anyone on here ever done a DIY wheel bearing change? 13 years 7 months ago #15973

Update
Have managed to get it off, taken it to a local mechanic
Turns out, the seized bearing has worn away the part it fits
Into, so I need to replace the "axle". :(

I have been reading about your rear wheel bearing problems, simmilar thing happened to one of our club members (Epsom area MG owners club) and T Bar member on a 2006 MG TF ~ the big nut that holds the hub & bearing onto the driveshaft had not been "spiked" properley (Russell Walsh suggested that it had been missed when the car was manufactured) and the big nut which should be torqued to 150 lbs/ft had come loose, the hub was wobbling causing the bearing to turn inside the drive flange (hub) badly wearing the flange and buggering the bearing, fortunately the drive shaft was not damaged. a new hub, bearing set and fitting came to £400. (the flange & bearing set, oil seal and big nut are £150) please let us know the final outcome of yours. you do know that MGF stands for Money Grabbing F****r

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone on here ever done a DIY wheel bearing change? 13 years 6 months ago #15995

I have been reading about your rear wheel bearing problems, simmilar thing happened to one of our club members (Epsom area MG owners club) and T Bar member on a 2006 MG TF ~ the big nut that holds the hub & bearing onto the driveshaft had not been "spiked" properley (Russell Walsh suggested that it had been missed when the car was manufactured) and the big nut which should be torqued to 150 lbs/ft had come loose, the hub was wobbling causing the bearing to turn inside the drive flange (hub) badly wearing the flange and buggering the bearing, fortunately the drive shaft was not damaged. a new hub, bearing set and fitting came to £400. (the flange & bearing set, oil seal and big nut are £150) please let us know the final outcome of yours. you do know that MGF stands for Money Grabbing F****r

Ok.. have managed to get one off flea bay.. .all being well, will be fitted tomorrow... watch this space.
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT