Sign In   Register

Topic

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13809

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Cheap/expensive is all a question of perspective. What sort of budget are we taking about?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13811

:dunno: Cheap?:lmao:
Cant afford the supercharger route............is NOS expensive??

NOS is around the £7-800 mark with a bottle heater. Obviously you have the ongoing cost of filling the bottle too, I pay £5 per lb at the moment but it's due to increase soon...

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13812

I dont have a budget in mind. Im going to get the APs sourced next then see what happens.

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13813

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I only ask as it makes it easier to give advice if we know power wanted or budget.

Someone was selling new APs, discs and pads for £290 the other day.

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13820

sorry if off topic but what sort of mods would be needed to install NOS? apart from the kit as I've heard it damages pistons?
FM :rolleyes:

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13821

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
If set up properly then it seems to be OK.

WON systems seem to be favourite and you should factor in a progressive controller and bottle heater for the safest system.

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13822

sorry if off topic but what sort of mods would be needed to install NOS? apart from the kit as I've heard it damages pistons?

You can add a 25 shot without any mods. It's recommended that you add a progressive controller and a grade colder spark plugs if you go up to a 50 shot, the controller basically means you can feed the NOS in rather than having it all dumped in at once. The TF 160 pistons are stronger than the F and I believe Debs is running a 75 shot without any engine problems, I think she was having traction or gearbox problems though

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13823

What sort of increases are you looking for?

This is only to make the car a bit more responsive, I've the T16 maestro for being nutty ;)

I'm only looking for a bit, 15 or 20 bhp and resonably cheaply, maybe £2 or £300 and ideally with bolt on bits.

I have a '99 VVC so which version of MEMs will this have? Is it easily mapable.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13825

Is the inlet manifold/plenium off a Mk2 Elise a straight swap job or is there anything else to it?
I have a VVC but its not MEMs3 so need to look elswhere for a bit more power.

Its fairly straight forward just need to fit your existing injectors and sensors and its then a bolt on.

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13826

I have a '99 VVC so which version of MEMs will this have? Is it easily mapable.[/quote]

Some of the later model VVCs are MEM3 you need to have a look at the ECU if the sides of the unit are wedge shaped then its MEMS 3

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #13847

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Do you have the coilpacks as part of the sparkplug leads on the top of the engine, if so then you are MEMs 3.

If you can see HT leads at the back of the engine then it is a previous version with the coil packs below the inlet manifold.

more power needed 13 years 11 months ago #14106

I have a 1.8VVC 1999 F, which I've had a year now. The previous owner had Mike Satur do the engine to whats known as clubman spec. Somewhere around 160 hp. This involved head work, bigger throttle body, new airfilter system, sports cat, tuned exhaust. Also added were beefier brakes, bigger wheels and lots of go faster looking stuff. He paid over $5,000 in 2004, about half of which was engine bits and labour. But boy can it go, and sounds the part too. I wasn't really shopping for a racing car, but hit it lucky (though my wwife isn't too excited about a) the noise, b) the accelleration, or c) the speed. But she does like the top down at 60 :)

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT