Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Anyone have experience with solenoids? 14 years 1 month ago #11667

Looks like you had better get it tested in Stockton then !

lmao aye dodgys for the win
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone have experience with solenoids? 13 years 11 months ago #13335

Thread Resurrection Whuwahahahahhhhh

Right guys, following my utter and complete disaster of a failure of a catastrophe, that was trying to fit Central Locking i've decided to bump this mod a little

the new plan

do away with the door locks and have solenoids for door handles........ thats it :)

can anyone point me in the right direction of where to get the solenoids from? and ideas on fitting them and switching them to a remote? :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Anyone have experience with solenoids? 13 years 11 months ago #13338

Adam. On e-bay at £2.99 each ( in your price range ) is a company selling door solenoids. They give This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. might be worth a try.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Anyone have experience with solenoids? 13 years 11 months ago #13340

..... and also have a pice of wire connected to the solenoids hidden under the carpet for when/if the solenoids fail. So that i can just pull the wire to open the boot/door........

Why bother with all the hassle of fitting the electrics, just have a cable release.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Anyone have experience with solenoids? 13 years 11 months ago #13341

To do away with the external door handles one uses a solinoid to pull the rod that resides inside the door to replicate the action of lifting/pulling the handle.

There are several ways of operating the solinod which can include a small switch under the mirror (TVR), a remote blip or a reed switch which is triggered by a small magnet.

There are kits available on eBay for not much money.

They will take some time and effort to make them work.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Anyone have experience with solenoids? 13 years 11 months ago #13475

Adam. On e-bay at £2.99 each ( in your price range ) is a company selling door solenoids. They give This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. might be worth a try.

cool thanks eagle, my only worry is that thats TOO cheap if that makes sense? lol i'd sooner pay £15 for something with bullet proof reliability than 2.99 for something that will fail to my utter embarrassment meaning i need to get in through my passenger door lol

Why bother with all the hassle of fitting the electrics, just have a cable release.

To do away with the external door handles one uses a solinoid to pull the rod that resides inside the door to replicate the action of lifting/pulling the handle.

There are several ways of operating the solinod which can include a small switch under the mirror (TVR), a remote blip or a reed switch which is triggered by a small magnet.

There are kits available on eBay for not much money.

They will take some time and effort to make them work.

hey talkingcars :)

the hassle should be worth it, I'm building a show standard car, complete with leather interior, PC install with 3 screens, smoothed exterior (door handles, arial, boot lock) etc... oh and a 350bhp K20a V-TEC motor :D

and pushing a button is just "cooler" lol

do you/anyone else have any idea on where to get a remote from? if i put a button on the car it basically removes the security aspect

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT