Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Screen Wash 14 years 6 months ago #1113

• eagle's Avatar Topic Author
  • eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I suspect that most of you would agree that the screen wash pump on the MGF/TF is not very effective. I have seen all sorts of tips on how to improve the output slightly, but none that seem to go to the basic problem. Just recently I came across a Land rover system that had two pumps for the front screen, one for each front nozzle. Before I try to manufacture something similar I thought I would ask my fellow conspirators if they could think of any problems I might encounter.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Screen Wash 14 years 6 months ago #1117

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

I suspect that most of you would agree that the screen wash pump on the MGF/TF is not very effective. I have seen all sorts of tips on how to improve the output slightly, but none that seem to go to the basic problem. Just recently I came across a Land rover system that had two pumps for the front screen, one for each front nozzle. Before I try to manufacture something similar I thought I would ask my fellow conspirators if they could think of any problems I might encounter.

I dont have a problem, before you go to all that trouble tho, have you considered the citroen jets mod for about a fiver I think, it has a sort of misting action and rather than a jet you get a fan spread across your windscreen.

couple of pics from inside and out;

[ATTACH][ATTACH]8[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Screen Wash 14 years 6 months ago #1121

my jets were to powerful they sprayed over the windscreen which was a bit annoying with the hood down. i used a pin to alter the direction of the drivers one which hits the windscreen fine (i left the passenger one cos its was funny:whistle:, but the jokes worn thin now:dunno:}
going to get the citreon ones when i get time to get to the scrappy and ill do the heated washer mod thats on here at the same time

Screen Wash 14 years 6 months ago #1125

As Gos says, the Citroen jets are a great mod - worth doing.

When I got my MGF the pump had packed up so I fitted one from a Range Rover - saw it on Ebay and the connection was the same so maybe mine are more powerful than usual.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Screen Wash 14 years 6 months ago #1183

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Get the citroen jets.

If you are lacking pressure it might be a blockage or loose pipe.

Screen Wash 14 years 6 months ago #1228

• eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

I dont have a problem, before you go to all that trouble tho, have you considered the citroen jets mod for about a fiver I think, it has a sort of misting action and rather than a jet you get a fan spread across your windscreen.

couple of pics from inside and out;

[ATTACH][ATTACH]8[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Yep, have fitted those, but not the improvement I am lookin for.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Screen Wash 14 years 6 months ago #1229

• eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

Get the citroen jets.

If you are lacking pressure it might be a blockage or loose pipe.

Cleaned out the entire system, fitted new pipes, another pump, Citroen jets even tried removing the return valve, but still only get a little water to the bottom of the screen.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Screen Wash 14 years 6 months ago #1231

• eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

As Gos says, the Citroen jets are a great mod - worth doing.

When I got my MGF the pump had packed up so I fitted one from a Range Rover - saw it on Ebay and the connection was the same so maybe mine are more powerful than usual.

Now that could be an Idea, a Land Rover pump.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT