Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bugatti 5 years 1 month ago #189716

Yes , I had the same feeling when I worked for British Bakeries ( 31 yrs ) on the trucks they operated and for The London Taxi Co ( Formerly London Taxis International ) . Very sorry to leave both companies through no fault of mine . Miss the banter and travelling the country fixing things .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bugatti 5 years 1 month ago #189717

Yes I travelled the country and spoke to some very weird and wonderful folk with vehicles to match....the guy in Thirsk who owned is own ww2 airfield who showed me his restored leyland coach he had lovingly restored....The collection of commer trucks and willy's jeeps in the east at a place called eye...the interest beamed from the owner has I asked questions...A large collection of routemaster busses in Rainham/essex ..again guided tour of collection and aec matador recovery vehicles...ford v8 pilots in Oxford. ..Tanks and milatary trucks in shropshire.guided tour of Blackpool tram depot while repairing at mercedes bus engine....ganderd at..metro 6r4s and yankee peterbilt trucks in the midlands.repaired engines for boats on Windermere and had tour of the fleet..with my job..you could be spitting diesel from your mouth in stoke one day...eating square sausage sandwiches in grangemouth another....a swift pint of shandy and a walk around lead hills and the breath taking scenery of argyl..to sitting by the Thames while taking a break from changing pistons and liners on a hgv truck...you can't get that much variation by working in a ordinary factory....punching the air with excitement has you drive away from a vehicle running like a Swiss watch.....tonight I was in Tamworth staffordshire repairing a loading shovel and after it was running (yipee)I was talked through a 1950s ford truck restoration project that was in there workshop....can't be bad...cannit?....stuck by a bench building engines really most of the time......LET ME OUT!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT