Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Poll: Cool Wall - Citroen DS (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Sub Zero
3 21.4%
Cool
9 64.3%
Uncool
1 7.1%
Seriously Uncool
1 7.1%
Total number of voters: 14 ( Cobber, mogatrons, Mr Forgetful, Sergi Bmw, adamelphick ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Topic

Cool Wall - Citroen DS 12 years 2 months ago #42082

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
The Citroen DS is so much more than just a motor car. Classic & Sports Car magazine and it’s panel of the word’s top car designers crowned it the world’s most beautiful car in 2009. I would not agree with that, but that is not the question. The question is it cool?

Plus the DS was also made as a convertible :yesnod:

The special DS 21 Décapotable Usine (= factory built convertible) was made by the well-known French coachbuilder Chapron. Especially with the top down it looked very elegant. Other French, Swiss and German coachbuilders made some convertible DS-versions of their own. Because of the monocoque construction of the DS chopping the top off was pretty simple; strengthening the chassis was enough to retain the original rigidity.

:whistle: Somehow I think the reception for this Citroen will be better than for the Citroen C6 :lol:

To see all the Cool Wall cars click on this link :yesnod:

All the cars are now in the new Cool Wall section in the T-Bar :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stan_B

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: Cool Wall - Citroen DS 12 years 2 months ago #42085

Hydropneumatic Citroens are cool. We had a BX for years, I liked it so much I kept it for shopping rather than trading it. The word that described that car was civilised. It's variable height party trick let me efforllessly ford a flash flood followed by Landie and watched by everyone else in the queue who were stuck there B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Leigh Ping

Re: Cool Wall - Citroen DS 12 years 2 months ago #42089

Have been trying to find what they were! I thought it was a renault... pfft, same country I suppose.

Saw it on a "ye olde" film and it looked smart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Cool Wall - Citroen DS 12 years 2 months ago #42100

It also had steering linked headlights something that's only just become mainstream in the last few years.

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Cool Wall - Citroen DS 12 years 2 months ago #42114

Is it because I now drive a 'ragtop' that I really like the look of the convertible and the hardtop leaves me cold? I don't think that's the case because there are plenty of hard tops on my 'wants' list :yesnod:

I'm voting 'cool' for the soft top ;)

Re: Cool Wall - Citroen DS 12 years 2 months ago #42118

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
Most of the cars I've posted, I've posted because I've seen them on the road recently.

On my way to work this morning a DS joined the motorway just in front of me and effortlessly glided into the flow of traffic. I drove past and took a last look in the rear view mirror before pulling off the motorway. How did the DS make me feel? ....I' would love to have one of those'

The DS was poetry in motion, it still has presence on the road and made the cluster of modern vehicles around pale in to insignificance. The DS is a very special car and definitely cool.

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: Cool Wall - Citroen DS 12 years 1 month ago #45207

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds