Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Failed MoT! 1 year 9 months ago #199470

Well the TF went in for an MoT today - first since I've owned it.

Failed on corroded wishbones, and rusty, weeping coolant pipes (which was a shock as I was told it had stainless pipes when I bought it...).

Annoyingly it was booked in to be a display car at Gaydon this weekend...oh well just the ZTs will be going now....shame as it looks like great top-down weather on Sunday :(

Parts on order - may have a go fitting them myself if I'm up to it - I'll get a few swear words ready in advance, just in case..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Failed MoT! 1 year 9 months ago #199471

Didn't realize that leaking coolant was a fail, though definitely not something to ignore on a TF. Could it be the rubber section of the pipes or a failed clip/clips causing the leak rather than the seller being disingenuous about the metal pipes?

Failed MoT! 1 year 9 months ago #199473

Hi,

It's definitely the pipes that have gone - the MoT guy confirmed they were not SS pipes - turns out that the guy that sold me the car has been sacked by the company for various 'problems' - including not transferring ownership of cars, as with mine - so I think bending the truth may have been one of his many 'qualities'!

Failed MoT! 1 year 9 months ago #199482

Sounds like you have some come back on the dealer?

Failed MoT! 1 year 8 months ago #199558

Sounds like you have some come back on the dealer?

Seconded but hard to prove if there isn't a paper trail.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Failed MoT! 1 year 8 months ago #199601

Well, after what seems like an eternity, I finally got the Stainless pipes and wishbones fitted today (by a local garage).
MoT re-booked for this Monday - lets hope that's the end of my problems!

I want to get a few sunny (if a bit short) drives in before the summer weather departs and I jet off to Greece, wasting 2 weeks of potential TF driving weather ;)

Failed MoT! 1 year 8 months ago #199602

Best of luck with the test . 👍
The following user(s) said Thank You: DBMGTF

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT