Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

A first decent run for years. 2 years 4 months ago #197919

Refit repaired vent. Mend sunvisor spring. Adjust tyre pressures and check all fluids ready for a hundred and fifty miles each way Tank filled and take it easy for ten miles. Spend three hours feeling the car loosening up after years on the Isle of Wight. By the time I arrived, the relationship with the car changed. It doesn't feel quick but it is. Although it is loud, it is comfortable andI am quite charmed by it in a way I wouldn't have expected. I arrived with a smile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A first decent run for years. 2 years 4 months ago #197926

Great to hear that your work has paid off!

A first decent run for years. 2 years 4 months ago #197928

Thank you. Yesterday needed to go from the Braintree destination to Clacton for a Hydrolastic pump. The sun came out. The hood came down for a run to see relatives near Ipswich. Everybody loves the MG. Drove it home in today's filthy weather. Arrived warm and dry. The VIN confirms it should be a VVC but it is on fifteen inch wheels with 185 width on the front and the MPI gearbox. Makes it quiet on the motorway and I expect it just trims out a little understeer. 41 MPG then filled with 24 litres of premium and half a bottle of Redex. Engine now sweet, smooth and torquey. Well pleased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

A first decent run for years. 2 years 4 months ago #197938

Despite the Rover website stipulating sixteen inch wheels, The right ones for my VVC are as fitted which is a bit of a relief but I am sure that I have an MPI box. I like the balance of the chassis although it does occasionally follow the camber at the front and the steering loads up a lot at the front on fast left handers. I'll have to look at the castor angle to see if that explains it, It certainly feels fairly stable most of the time but I haven't yet given it a real belt around the twisty stuff because I would be going far too fast to be safe at the limit. I need to put a cocoa tin around the fitted K and N which should be isolated from the engine bay heat. I'll trade inlet noise for horsepower any time!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT