Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Out and about Alton Classic cars and beer and music festival. 4 years 10 months ago #190754

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
I am lucky to be residing in rural staffordshire, with the moorlands and Derbyshire dales close by. My village also prides itself on its local events and we have a village fete every year. Web also a music and beer festival...with the bonus of a classic and interesting vehicle display.
So in between the live music on at four village pubs and lots of pub crawling, I decided to cultivate the locals with the classic lines of the MG TF, 2004 vintage!
My TF was well received and I had many favourable compliments on the day, with a good few of the visitors scratching their head when they could not see an engine under the bonnet! Several MG models were on display, along with some of the highlights below...a very enjoyable day with some great cars and petrolheads for good company!

This old Wolslely was a MKII and was in damn fine condition, dont see many of these about..

These old VW campers are very desireable and to buy one like this you would need to sell your house....and probably live in this instead!

This TVR - think its a Chimera was immaculate, the owner spent all day polishing it....reminds me of a few peeps on here ...

A Triumph TR3A next, you can tell the 3A's because of the fuller length of the front grille. This one was not fully restored by a long chalk, but on the upside, looked fully original.

A jump to the future now, with this Tesla model X. Not seen one in the flesh before, but it was BIG! Everthing electric, including the doors and the owner was inviting people to sit in and try it out - even has a massive TV for its center console!

A classic American muscle car, and for a change not your usual Mustang or Dodge, but this Pontiac Trans Am...a most unusual sight on a sleepy english village high street!

Had to slip one in of yours truly's pride and joy....it is a F and TF forum ...

No village show is complete without a Morris Minor somewhere...this one was in superb condition...should still be around in another 100 years time...these cars never age!

One of my personal favourites next up...I have always had a soft spot for the MkII Jag...This awesome example was immaculate..

As was this Mk1 Ford Capri. We were trying to determine if it was original or restored, deciding on restored, as on would have never left the factory in this good condition!

The MGA has always been another car I have liked since seeing my first one when I was a kid. Again another pristine vehicle and one I would love to have...

Staying with the sacred Octagon, and this T Type, although not my favourite colour, was also a very tidy restored vehicle and a credit to its owners.

A more modern classic sir? Dont mind if I do sir! Jaguar XK8 Anyone?

This Herald was remarkably rot free - used to have a Spitfire, same chassis just another body bolted on, so I know how much these vehicles rust...this one is a very well cared for specimen!

Any original boy racers on here...get a load of this Golf GTI...and remember your youth!

A cute little frogeye next...a lovely sprite and in very tidy nick! Loving the stripes too...

I just wish I could afford this E-type Jag......every mans dream machine....

And an extra shot of what lies beneath that monstrous bonnet! droooooool!

The showstopper for me was this Austin Healey 3000, totally gorgeous and wow! these cars are just rocketing in value over the last few years...cant find a decent one for less than 40K now! If only we knew 30 years ago, we would all be rich!

This Armstrong Siddeley was nearly 100 years old and still going strong! How many TF's will be around in 2100?

Classic Porshe next, with this whaletail 911. Just a VW on steroids I think!

And to compliment the red 911, this early 70's vintage Targa version from the same stable..

And thats about it....not bad for a local village show. The music played on all weekend and plenty of drinking, fighting and fun and games...Will have to do this again next year for sure!

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bob, sworkscooper, davidgv1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Out and about Alton Classic cars and beer and music festival. 4 years 9 months ago #190759

Some absolute beauties there Sundance. Will anything ever compare to the E Type? Achingly beautiful car and almost in XPower Grey!! Also have a bit of a soft spot for the Capri, the first car that my dad owned that I didn't mind him picking me up from school in!!

Thanks for sharing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Out and about Alton Classic cars and beer and music festival. 4 years 9 months ago #190763

Hi Sundance. The MGA looks as good as the one in the Leeds MG and Classic car club and the owner tells me his would need a bid of around 30k if he sold it . Cheers for the photos.
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Out and about Alton Classic cars and beer and music festival. 4 years 9 months ago #190769

Looked like a good day out and the TF certainly looks at home among these pics. I don't know about your area but here in the North East of Scotland the F/TF is a rare sight.

Out and about Alton Classic cars and beer and music festival. 4 years 9 months ago #190802

When I was about 4 years old my uncle came to visit in one of these...triumph vitesse not herald...twin lights give it away...said back then that I was going to own one...met my mrs who has owned one and she has talked me out of it...tales of baling out water and loosing brakes on Froghall bank and using that escape lane has changed my mind...corrosion was a issue back then but checking that vittesse shown here has a very impresIve mot history..dry stored with limited mileage without a doubt ...only fail for quite a while was this one.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT