Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Can it get any worse 4 years 10 months ago #190711

3:30 this morning I'm woken by the car alarm going off grab the keys rush out try the fob nothing try again nothing struggle to get the cover off using one hand open boot with key only pop bonnet thinking I have a quick release on the battery sorted flip the release alarm keeps going now in a state of panic.
Remember the alarm has its own battery and is located under the large plastic panel managed to undo a couple of the plastic nuts and pull the panel out to gain access to the alarm which has a tamper proof metal cover in sheer panic bent the bracket back and forth until it breaks free I now have the alarm in my hand and its still going.
I then realise my hands feel a little warm and wet that when the pain sets in I've it seems damaged my recently operated on left hand and still have the alarm ringing in my ears I look round the garden and see the water butt in she goes but its still going in frustration i take it out and smash it on the floor silence.
Cleaned myself up took some more pain killers put the kettle on changed my dressings and fell asleep in me chair to be woken latter by the other half with a face like thunder I had blood over my top and new dressings well sort of, and I thought the alarm was loud,:( :( :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Gerry.laing.

Can it get any worse 4 years 10 months ago #190746

Flaming eck...and I thought that type of thing only happend to me...3.30am...well I would of slept through it...and after the noise pollution I've had off neighbours. ..If i had woken i would of left it...never knew about the alarm having its own battery...hope your ok gerry

Can it get any worse 4 years 10 months ago #190756

Sorry to read this Gerry, hope the hand is mending again.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Can it get any worse 4 years 10 months ago #190758

Cheers guys

I'm ok now but had to go back to hospital to get it sorted I don't think the plastics department were very happy with me Hey Ho can't win them all,as for the battery back up I think its only the 2009 cars that have this fitted but not sure,
Managed to get a replacement from gtmgspares I think it was the battery going flat where I've not been able to drive the car causing the alarm to sound and not enough charge in the battery to be able to use the fob to stop it.
In hind sight should have found a way to gag it until the battery ran out and dealt with it in the morning possibly saving the best part of 90 pound,

Gerry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT