Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Roof Waterproofing 9 years 4 months ago #154297

HI everyone, The roof on the old girl needs waterproofing and was wondering if anyone knew the amount of aerosol waterproofing chemical i should apply, Do i give it a light dusting or saturate it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Roof Waterproofing 9 years 4 months ago #154298

Just to clarify, what will you be using to do the waterproofing? An aerosol spray or a bottle of waterproofer?

:welcome:

Roof Waterproofing 9 years 4 months ago #154299

I have purchased 3 cans of Aerosol waterproofer, I guess there is enough between the cans to saturate the roof maybe twice if that's what i have to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Roof Waterproofing 9 years 4 months ago #154300

That sounds like it ought to be enough but I guess you'll only know for sure when it's dried off and then it rains again. I suspect you won't have to wait long for the latter :nonod:

I bought a 2 litre tin of Fabsil waterproofer (usually used for camping equipment) and paint that on very generously from time to time. Goes a long way and does the job pretty well.
Robin ;)

Roof Waterproofing 9 years 4 months ago #154304

Great stuff, Looks like the whole lot's going to be applied tommorow, "Weather Permitting", Thanks for the advise.

Roof Waterproofing 6 years 7 months ago #180038

Invalid or non-existent item ID.I used the Autoglym kit

Used about half the bottle of the protctor fluid attached it a picture of the result 4 weeks after treating it and after a night of heavy rain.
Attachments:

Roof Waterproofing 6 years 7 months ago #180041

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
It's been said before, but the soft top is inherently waterproof as there is an impermeable layer within the fabric construction. Amazing but true: quality construction on an MG. :tada:

Waterproofing does reduce growth of mould however, by repelling surface water as your picture shows.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.944 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT