Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG Airscarf, defroster and airflow mods. 'How to' 10 years 5 months ago #133921

At one point I was going to experiment in making a small mesh box that would fit under the headrest. Just like the rangerover vents they are held in place by the force of the headrest pressing down on them. However, mesh alone would direct the heat directly onto your neck. Ideally what you want is something that is tilted and directs the hot air downwards slightly warming your shoulders and the upper area of the cabin.

I figured that, with a bit of an origami technique, you could shape the end of the pipe to achieve that effect and then just simply place it into the mesh box to create the airscarfs desired effect.

The pipe is the main thing of course and the rest is merely aesthetic camouflage. Finding the right one that doesn't impede the warm airflow is the rub. :lol:

Let us know how you get on and good luck in finding the right modded look to suit you. Because on a fresh, sunny, winters day these things do make a real difference when you want your roof down. :yesnod:

They're also very HR Giger 'esque' don't you think? :lol:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

MG Airscarf, defroster and airflow mods. 'How to' 10 years 5 months ago #133972

B) Hope I enjoy the hose connection as much as they do in the picture :spank:

Thanks for the feedback, I now have a few ideas that I will try out!

I will certainly post up my finished work when its done.

Cheers

MG Airscarf, defroster and airflow mods. 'How to' 10 years 5 months ago #133973

pic as promised. it's the standard end of the hose, with two slots cut into the circular fitting so it can compress to an oval shape. then covered over with acoustic / speaker material.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

MG Airscarf, defroster and airflow mods. 'How to' 10 years 5 months ago #133999

Thanks for putting up the pic of how you done it!

I was actually looking at an idea similar to what you have done, using an oval Ford Focus air vent. Similar to you I dont want to have quite a big gap between headrest and seat back. Think using a vent will still raise the headrest up too high.

As you have said though Leigh! The pipe is the main thing of course and the rest is merely aesthetic camouflage!!!!! Just got to bloody decide how I want it.

MG Airscarf, defroster and airflow mods. 'How to' 10 years 5 months ago #134000

You could experiment, like I did with cardboard and tape to find what works best for you. Just throw away any failed attempts. ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT