Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 6 months ago #180657

Hello all,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced pair of full- or half-leather seats for my MG F. Been trawling eBay etc, but they seem to be up for for silly money on there.

I'm looking for black / dark colours really. Open-minded about cloth or alcantara inserts on the half-leather. Car is British Racing Green so would need to be colours that would go with that.

Mainly interested in anything in reasonable travel distance from Bognor Regis, West Sussex.

Please PM me with details of anything you have for sale, with price and location.

Many thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 6 months ago #180659

good luck, yes they ask silly money because they think you will jump on it, to be honest you would save a lot of money buying a spare or repair as you will get what you need with plenty of spares, never throw anything away as you never know when you will need them, just a thought, hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: techsnap

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 6 months ago #180660

Thanks. Had actually thought myself looking at some of the seat listings that it would be as cheap to buy a complete non-runner car!

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 6 months ago #180662

to be honest you would be better off going that way, as long as you have the space to store it you will have everything you need , the seats from the mgf fit the mgtf an vice versa so you should be ok there, try and get your model tho that way you will know all the spares will fit yours. and you will be well sorted.

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 5 months ago #181066

Thanks all for the replies and the PMs.

Eventually got hold of a decent set on eBay for a good price, with a lot of other interior parts too. So now I have full leather, and the Mk2 centre console etc.

Attachments:

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 5 months ago #181067

nice job . how much did it cost you in the end ?

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 5 months ago #181068

£100 in the end. But that was for the pair of leather seats, full leather/alloy trim door cards, Mk2 centre dash trim, entire centre console, leather cubby box lids and footwell light panels - all then delivered down to me from the Midlands on a pallet. I consider it a bargain really.

I also had to spend £30 on the Mk2 heater box to fit the centre dash trim. Finishing touches were then £20 for a leather steering wheel with the colour MG badge and £12 for the alloy gear knob to match everything else.

So I spent around £160, but I expect to make some of this back selling on some of the spare bits I didn't need, and bits I removed. Good transformation for the money I think.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by techsnap.

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 5 months ago #181069

That is an extremely cost effective transformation of the interior! Well done.
Robin ;)

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 5 months ago #181073

I can honestly say you did really well there, good one

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 5 months ago #181083

I did a couple of nice small mods at the same time too: a modified heated rear window switch to be a remote boot release, with 'boot open' light, and mounted an audio jack into a spare switch blank to feed into the rear Aux input on my stereo.

Both work really well and look quite OEM and were also very cost effective. Only cost me £3.49 on eBay for the lock solenoid to go in the boot, pennies for a couple of bolts and a bit of cable.

Wanted MG F/TF Leather or Half Leather Seats 6 years 5 months ago #181094

really nice job that.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT