Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wanted - transmission oil cooler brackets 7 years 7 months ago #172224

I have a LHD Stepspeed TF 120 with aircon, (I'm now living in France) and I have changed the headlights to European. The French CT examiner, their MOT equivalent, was unimpressed by my initial changing of the lever inside the RHD headlamps.

The bumper came off easily.The body and front subframe are in good condition, BUT Several bits at the front were tinwormed. I have sourced the outer headlamp brackets and supports, now fitted with the Euro lamps.The whole underside is now cleaned up and waxoiled.

What I cannot find are the metal brackets that hang the transmission oil cooler from the front bumper armature. They don't seem to be in Rimmer's catalogue and everybody Just scratches their head. The originals are a heap of rust so I can't copy them and the cooler was sitting on the bumper "shelf".

Any help Appreciated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by JImF. Reason: Missed a bit, oops.

Wanted - transmission oil cooler brackets 7 years 7 months ago #172234

They would appear to be part of the cooler

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID018894

They look to be simple right angle brackets so I would check out your local Leroy Merlin and create a DIY solution.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Wanted - transmission oil cooler brackets 7 years 7 months ago #172242

Thank you for the reply. The flaps on the side of the cooler are permanent fittings. What the parts diagram doesn't show are the brackets to connect the flaps to the armature.

One of the missing parts is shown in the attached EBay advert on the left side of the cooler. The other is indistinct but from the position of the cooler fittings and the location on the armature they are handed left and right and are complex.

The Diiy solution with Dexion may be the only way as £80 for two more rusty bits is not on the cards at the moment. It will need to be positioned carefully though as it critically covers the bottom of the radiator and I don't want to upset the cooling.

Jim

MG TF 1.8 *HARDLY USED 12K!* AUTO STEPTRONIC STEPSPEED AUTOMATIC OIL COOLER
Completed

MG TF 1.8 *HARDLY USED 12K!* AUTO STEPTRONIC STEPSPEED AUTOMATIC OIL COOLER
Completed

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: added widget

Wanted - transmission oil cooler brackets 7 years 6 months ago #172295

saw this gearbox oil cooler on ebay which looks very different from the last post......this one looks more like the one in talking cars diagram........it was £17.50
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.048 seconds