Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

wanted - hardtop for mgtf 7 years 9 months ago #170476

Hi all, anyone got a hardtop gathering dust in shed /garage that they would sell ? Scotland/ north england preferred as cost to courier is eye watering!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

wanted - hardtop for mgtf 7 years 9 months ago #170502

Hi. Honeslty mate, from my personal experience I would'n't bother. They look good but mine rattles and creaks like an old grimsby trawler in a sea state 9. Then you have to find a safe storage for it for most of the year when its off. Admittedly I'm a bit paranoid about rattles and stuff but there are far fewer squeaks with it off. Unless you can get one really cheap, why bother.

wanted - hardtop for mgtf 7 years 9 months ago #170504

TBH I'm with Martin on this.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

wanted - hardtop for mgtf 7 years 9 months ago #170505

Me too. It's an unnecessary accessory.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

wanted - hardtop for mgtf 7 years 9 months ago #170506

I'm with the others,i was buying a hard top when I bought my TF,as my car is outside 24/7,but decided not to bother,as car even in wintry Scottish conditions is always dry inside,so not needed !

wanted - hardtop for mgtf 7 years 9 months ago #170508

I'm lucky in that I can just squeeze (and I do mean squeeze) the F in to my garage so it doesn't have to stand out but I'm not a hardtop fan either and sold the one that came with the car. Rather than buy one, I'd prefer to spend the money on a new softtop from MGFMania. The hoods on the F/TF are really good especially with a glass rear screen and 'essential' anti-jam straps. When I drove the North Coast 500 with a collection of older MGs in showery weather, mine was the only hood that was ever folded as it was quick and easy. Winter motoring on a crisp day with the hood down is not to be missed!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Andy Lawrence

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT