Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Broken plastic rear screen 11 years 5 months ago #90667

Mine (mk 1 F) has a later 2 piece hood (fitted in 2005) and the zip goes over the top and down both sides (not along the bottom) and there is Velcro down both sides.

There are two different zips too (the teeth and pitch are different) so you need to know which one. :yesnod:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Broken plastic rear screen 11 years 5 months ago #90669

As Pete says, all standard roofs have the top zip and velcro sides. The only difference between mk1 and 2 is the zip quality. Meaning that you need both sides of the zip to swap between mk1 and 2.
Incidentally this change (mk1 to 2 zip ) happened well before the car change mk1 to 2.

I don't know what you have got?

Sorry to have to correct you David, a MAJORITY of Mk1 cars had the later 97 - 05 8mm Opti zip. A few early cars had a narrow (7mm) Opti zip, some had a similar YKK zip but most had the later zip.

Had to change the hood side of a 7mm Opti on Monday!

As for the zip which ran up the side, over the top and down the other side: Aftermarket hood of unknown manufacturer, have replaced several of them, but have disposed of them so cannot offer the OP a solution other than a complete hood replacement?

Peter, the hood on mine has the zip which runs up one side over the top and down the other side, is on a 2 piece hood, supplied by the MGOC in 2005 (1996 car) and fitted by a MG main dealer (cost £900! I have a copy of the invoice too)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT