Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Non-MG Question 12 years 7 months ago #29044

I didn't want to clutter up the forum with a non-MG question so decided I would put it here as this section is more transient in nature. And I do want something-Information, so I suppose it fits!
My question is...Is a North American DVD playable on a standard UK DVD player? My Mum passed away recently, and my daughter did a DVD of her life that was shown at the funeral. We would like to send copies to relatives in the UK that couldn't attend. Of course the younger relations are computer savvy and can watch it on their computers, which I think will work fine, however there are a couple of older relatives who don't have computers. Does anyone have any idea if our discs will play on their players, or do we have to format them differently?
Any info is appreciated!
Thanks,
Rich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Non-MG Question 12 years 7 months ago #29047

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Anything bought since 2002 should play it fine.
As its home made it shouldn't have any region set, Only issue will be the video format being in ntsc not pal. As mentioned anything since 2002 should be fine playing it . If not the result will normally be the image is black and white.

If you are burning some copies, Something like Nero will let you change the video format before writing it to disc

Re: Non-MG Question 12 years 7 months ago #29054

Marvellous!
Thanks very much Simon. :thumbsup:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT