Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Carbon Fibre Instrument surround and Airbag blank 13 years 1 month ago #22195

Looking for either of these, to match the OEM air vents and centre console.

Any ideas guys?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Carbon Fibre Instrument surround and Airbag blank 13 years 1 month ago #22197

Looking for either of these, to match the OEM air vents and centre console.

Any ideas guys?

Real carbon fibre or stick on?
Stick on you'll get on ebay.
David
:shrug:

Re: Carbon Fibre Instrument surround and Airbag blank 13 years 1 month ago #22204

Will stick ons match the OEM air vents and centre console?

I know Mike Satur did a carbon fibre Instrument binnacle surround, so I'm on the lookout for one of those at a 'sensible' price, but did anyone make a carbon fibre airbag blank that matches the other OEM parts?

Re: Carbon Fibre Instrument surround and Airbag blank 13 years 1 month ago #22208

Will stick ons match the OEM air vents and centre console?

I know Mike Satur did a carbon fibre Instrument binnacle surround, so I'm on the lookout for one of those at a 'sensible' price, but did anyone make a carbon fibre airbag blank that matches the other OEM parts?

I don't know about matching the OEM, tbh. i don't think anyone made a CF airblank.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Re: Carbon Fibre Instrument surround and Airbag blank 13 years 1 month ago #22222

DO NOT cover an airbag face plate with carbon fibre vinyl, it will hamper the action of the airbag.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Carbon Fibre Instrument surround and Airbag blank 13 years 1 month ago #22224

I'm ok in that respect, as the Mk1 doesn't have a passenger airbag, just a plastic plate over a hole :ohmy: :ohmy:

But thankyou for the concern ;)

Re: Carbon Fibre Instrument surround and Airbag blank 13 years 1 month ago #22236

I've just spent the whole day playing around with vynal wraps but I was trying chrome, on the vents

The air bag blank would be easy enough to wrap but the instrument surround would be a nightmare, infact I dont think it would be possible without joins in it
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT