'V' Reg 2000 Plate Solar Red MGF for Sale

Replied by dg170775 on topic Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 2 months ago #45522
No issues, at least you tried..

But, the Sale is still on.. So, all of you please try to get people interested.

Btw, I've got a question around the insurance, as I've currently got a temporary insurance for this MGF till the 24th April, on my current insurance, for my Alfa 159, as a temporary car.

But, till I sell the car, can I declare the car as SORN, so that I do not have to go for insurance, as I already have 2 cars the Alfa 159 & the MINI. Insurance for the MGF comes to around £60/month :( If I do not go for insurance for the MGF, I'll end up getting a warning from MID.

So, was wondering if I can declare the car as SORN?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by paulsmgf on topic Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 2 months ago #45524
as long as your not going to drive it you can SORN it however that only covers the road fund liscence (TAX)you'll need insurance on it unless you have it locked away safely somewhere.

just realised there is some new law about all cars being insured so best to just ignore me :woohoo: :

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Last Edit:12 years 2 months ago by paulsmgf
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by a Guest. Reason: made a mistake oops

Replied by dg170775 on topic Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 2 months ago #45530
You're right
The reason I went for temporary insurance was that I got a notice from MID, that I can be penalized, if I do not arrange for insurance.
But, the letter stated that either I declare the vehicle as SORN, or arrange insurance.

My only question is that, I've just recently taxed the car :(, so, if I declare SORN, will that tax disc become void.

Also, once a vehicle is declared SORN, what's the process for a new owner to get it back on road?

Replied by paulsmgf on topic Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate Solar Red MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 2 months ago #46083
second bit fiirst the new owner would just have to tax it before taking it on the road.
all you have to do is cash in your tax then declare it SORN,

i've been told as long as its SORN and kept off the road on private land then its ok if that makes sense,

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 2 months ago #46089

dg170775 wrote: You're right
The reason I went for temporary insurance was that I got a notice from MID, that I can be penalized, if I do not arrange for insurance.
But, the letter stated that either I declare the vehicle as SORN, or arrange insurance.

My only question is that, I've just recently taxed the car :(, so, if I declare SORN, will that tax disc become void.

Also, once a vehicle is declared SORN, what's the process for a new owner to get it back on road?

You either have to declare SORN or have it insured even if its off road and not taxed , not both. You can get a full refund on tax for full months only (ie May onwards) but you then leave it Insured or declare SORN.

The new owner is liable for Tax & insurance as soon as the DVLA receive the V5C that you have completed and returned to them, dont let the new owner do it, because if he fails to do so you are still liable. It is a good idea to take a photocopy of the completed V5C before posting, because they have been known to loose them before now :yesnod:

Replied by dg170775 on topic Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate Solar Red MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #47875
I have now listed the car in Autotrader (again), as I badly need the money.
But, I'm still keen to see the car go to an enthusiast.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Replied by dg170775 on topic Re: Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #47876

bryan young wrote:

dg170775 wrote: You're right

You either have to declare SORN or have it insured even if its off road and not taxed , not both. You can get a full refund on tax for full months only (ie May onwards) but you then leave it Insured or declare SORN.

The new owner is liable for Tax & insurance as soon as the DVLA receive the V5C that you have completed and returned to them, dont let the new owner do it, because if he fails to do so you are still liable. It is a good idea to take a photocopy of the completed V5C before posting, because they have been known to loose them before now :yesnod:

Thanks, I have now declared the vehicle as SORN, and applied for refund.

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #48567
Car is still for sale @ £1400 .. Only change to the first post is that it's been declared as SORN now.

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #49476
Bump

Posted 12 years 1 week ago #52854
Listed on Autotrader, at a reduced price of 1350GBP, for a quick sale...

Replied by squire2710 on topic Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 1 week ago #53020
I agree, Solar Red is the only colour for an MGF!! Fan and owner of one for two years. Yeh I have had the odd problem with it, and still currently of the road, but am working on it and the more work I do the more I love it. Mine is an X reg 2000, actually first registered on my birthday, fortunately not the same year.
Hopefully when the pension allows all the repairs will be done and it will be back on the road.
Pete

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re: 'V' Reg 2000 Plate MGF for Sale

Posted 12 years 1 week ago #53021

squire2710 wrote: I agree, Solar Red is the only colour for an MGF!!

:welcome: To the best forum going ..
As for your comment re Solar Red I have to agree ;)
by a Guest

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds