Just a new member

Replied by Beej123 on topic Just a new member

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #174013
Passed MOT yesterday after 2 new front tyres (old ones cracked). Washed 4 years worth of grime off so just a few little jobs now.

Starting to get a squeal from the clutch, I'm assuming it's the release bearing so that will need doing too. Don't fancy doing it myself as I dont have a ramp any more. What should I expect to pay?
by Beej123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Just a new member

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #174014
Before you rush into a big job. Minimum about £450. First thing to try is to put release oil (Plus Gas)on the clutch arm on the gearbox and work it back and forward. Then grease it up . They start to seize if the car has been laid up. A lot cheaper than a new clutch and release bearing.

David
:shrug:

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #174203
Right, clutch plate was very worn as was the slave so both replaced along with the starter motor now which suddenly gave up.
Been using it for a few days now and love it. I'll post some pics when I next see it in the light!
by Beej123

Posted 6 years 4 months ago #183751
Been a while!

So I spent all the time and money on it in 2016 and then in October 2017 I started to get a rattle from (I think) the bottom end, not looking good. I took it off the road and got another daily and it just sat there. I've been so busy it just hasn't been looked at.

It's time to get it back on the road now so I'm going to bite the bullet and put a 160 in there, get it painted so it's shiny again and do the little odd jobs that are left. I've saved a bit of money to spend on it so now is the time.

I have a different role at work now that leaves me with very little free time. Can anyone on here (or do you know anyone who can) look at doing the swap? I can drop on it for an hour here or there but I'm just not going to find the time for the swap.
by Beej123

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds