Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

DIY Compliance Washers 13 years 9 months ago #14783

Alex, the front lower damper bushes are the same as the rears.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DIY Compliance Washers 13 years 9 months ago #14791

Thats me finally finished the mod - taken a while as holidays and stuff got in the way.

What a difference, all play now gone. Well worth doing, Thanks Adam:thumbsup:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

DIY Compliance Washers 13 years 8 months ago #14812

Hello again, :-)
i was today in the mg rover service here in Thessaloniki , and we have checked the car, the front and rear upper joint balls should be replaced and all the lower shock absorber bushes and at least it is worth installing the compliance washers !
I will order all these parts from Rimmer Bros and i have to finish the cw's.
They have everyrthing except front lower damper bushes. Maybe i have to order they from somewhere else
I would like to ask which Tool have you used to cut out the shape of the cw's from chopping board of Ikea?
and at least.
And Which inner& outer diameter have these washers to tighten the rubber bushes of the shocks?
Thank you in advance for any help :-)

Hi Alex,

I used a technical drawing dividers (like a compass with two needles instead of a pencil and needle).

The measurements for the shocks I took form the actual bush - didnt make a note of that sorry - but easy to pop the bush out and measure it.

DIY Compliance Washers 13 years 8 months ago #14813

Thats me finally finished the mod - taken a while as holidays and stuff got in the way.

What a difference, all play now gone. Well worth doing, Thanks Adam:thumbsup:

No probs mate - it's amazing how much difference a bit of chopping board can make eh?!

DIY Compliance Washers 13 years 5 months ago #17135

Hi Alex, welcome to T Bar. Are you sure that it is the suspension bushes, just heard of a case on a TF wher the rear wheel bearings and hub had worn because the shaft nut had come loose, whole rear wheel was wobbling and making bad noises from the rear brakes, new hub and bearings sorted it.

Yes the noises could be bearing and hub. That is true. I wanted to add also that Some knocking noises can be produced on the rear also from the rear brake pads, which are on th end.
I will change it hub +bearing+pads.

DIY Compliance Washers 13 years 5 months ago #17185

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I sometimes get a knock on full lock when braking. Always asumed it was the pads moving.

DIY Compliance Washers 13 years 5 months ago #17207

Yes the noises could be bearing and hub. That is true. I wanted to add also that Some knocking noises can be produced on the rear also from the rear brake pads, which are on th end.
I will change it hub +bearing+pads.

Alex, let us know how you get on.:yesnod:
David

DIY Compliance Washers 13 years 5 months ago #17215

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Yep. Would be interesting to find out what causes different symptoms.

Re: DIY Compliance Washers 12 years 2 months ago #39917

Adam, When you fitted your home made washers did you replace with new rubber bushes first or did the washers just compress the old bushes.

Re: DIY Compliance Washers 12 years 2 months ago #39918

When I did mine, the bushes were OK so I just added the washers and clamped up. There was a definite improvement. :yesnod:
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Compliance Washers - How to DIY. 12 years 1 month ago #41649

I decided a while ago that £10 was a lot of money for 4 bits of PVC so I MADE some today! I knew I had seen something I could use but couldn't remember what it was until yesterday in IKEA of all places! Those coloured chopping boards made of flexible PVC are perfect and exactly the right thickness too!

Thanks Adam,
I followed your guide and now my mg has a bit 'of sweden inside! :woohoo:

this is 2mm,but it seems to fit good http://www.ikea.com/it/it/catalog/products/50153123/?query=dralla
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Last edit: Post by peter81.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT