Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124072

Hello folks went on my first outing with the Highland MGOC today to The Applecross walled garden Via the Bealach Na Ba road it was a stunning day met lots of lovely folk and saw lots of lovely views and MG's. even had a wee 5 min breakdown but thanks to one of the lads from Tbar, he had his thinking cap on and solved the problem phew! :lol: here is some photos I took from the day.

The cars sitting at the top all needing to cool down!

Thanks

Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124077

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Looks like you had the weather for it. :yesnod:

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124081

Great pics. Thanks. :broon:

So, which T-Bar member saved the day.. and how? :hugs:

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124083

Yes I too appreciate the nice pictures. Such glorious looking cars and country. :tada:
[IMG]ht[/img]

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124087

Thanks Davem was a great day out. It appears my fuel cap isn't venting properly so after we had stopped for a break and with the scorching hot temperatures I had developed a vacuum in my fuel system. Not knowing all this at that time tho. Richard (blow-in) came back and was having a a we look suggested to open the fuel cap a very large whoosh As the pressure realeased and the car started every time after although I was opening the cap ever time we stopped. Once I had got home and the temperature cooled tried the cap again and it was fine no longer vacuuming. Think ill have a look at the vent today tho.
Thanks

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Alans835.

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124091

Hi Alan,

It was great to meet you and Caroline and we certainly had the prefect day for a run around the Applecross Peninsula.

Here are a few of my photos.

Richard

1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Blow-in.

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124092

Ooh, some nice 'minters' there. :)

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124100

Great photos! Great cars. That road is stunning too. B)
I remember when we went over, Larry was the only one whose car didn't have power assisted steering and his arms were really aching by the time we got to Applecross! :drive:
David
:shrug:

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124106

Richard

Some cracking pictures you have. It was a cracking day looking forward to the next one. Ouch no power steering that would have been hard work.
Thanks

Alan

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124108

It appears my fuel cap isn't venting properly so after we had stopped for a break and with the scorching hot temperatures I had developed a vacuum in my fuel system. Not knowing all this at that time tho. Richard (blow-in) came back and was having a a we look suggested to open the fuel cap a very large whoosh As the pressure realeased and the car started every time after although I was opening the cap ever time we stopped. Once I had got home and the temperature cooled tried the cap again and it was fine no longer vacuuming. Think ill have a look at the vent today tho.

After our trials and traumas this last month - I'll definitely remember and bear this in mind!

Looks like you had a cracking day out though - thanks for reminding us what owning these cars is all about. ;)

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124109

Guys when we were broke down it was your saga that was going through my head! (Always think the worst in these situations) Thankfully tho like yourselves there was people to help which is what makes owning these cars great.
Thanks

Alan

Highland MGOC out for a run to Applecross today. 10 years 8 months ago #124110

Have to admit, your symptoms do seem quite similar to ours and I have tinkered in the not too distant past with our fuel cap to polish it up!

How / what will you be looking at to test?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT