Sign In   Register

Topic

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 14 years 3 months ago #8594

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Hi everyone,

MG Live dates for 2010 are Friday 4th - Sunday 6th June (which is also my birthday so I know what I'll be doing this year! :hurray:)

Here is the full press release:

[SIZE=-1]ABINGDON’S MG Car Club is thrilled to announce that the 2010 MGLive! racing programme will take place on Silverstone’s full Grand Prix circuit

MG enthusiasts across the world will be delighted to learn that the event has been confirmed for Friday 4th, Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th June.

MGLive!, the MG Car Club’s annual Silverstone celebration, has been staged consecutively at the iconic Northamptonshire circuit since 1959 – and is set to celebrate 60 glorious years in 2010.

The MG Car Club, which has raced on Silverstone’s International circuit since the early nineties, will now make the exciting transition to the full 3.2 mile Grand Prix track. The switch will allow MGCC competitors to experience the thrill of Stowe and Abbey – famous corners which will now roar to the sound of MGs from across nine decades

The announcement is sure to be greeted with immense enthusiasm by the MG Car Club’s large racing contingent and is expected to capture the imagination of the UK’s buoyant club motorsport scene.

MGLive! is the jewel in the crown of the factory formed club’s racing calendar. Aside from the Silverstone dates, the MGCC’s race programme is also scheduled to visit Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park and Snetterton.

MG Car Club motorsport Director Ron Gammons said:

“This announcement is an enormous accolade for the MG Car Club and needless to say we’re extremely excited. The feedback from our race championship co-ordinators has been very positive indeed and having spoken to some of the club’s racers, they are elated to have the opportunity to compete on Great Britain’s premier race track.

Of course, the length of the circuit calls for 20 minute practices and we aim to run at a minimum 20 min races with longer ones for the feature events. “

MG Car Club Chairman John Day said:

“This is the perfect way for the MG Car Club to commemorate our sixtieth consecutive Silverstone event. Motorsport is an integral component of the MGCC and it’s a testament to our professional team that Silverstone have afforded the club such an exclusive opportunity.

2010 is shaping up to be one of great progression and success for the MG Car Club.”

-ENDS-[/SIZE]

Regarding accomodation - last year there was discounted rooms for MGCC members at "The Holiday Inn" but even without the discount it is normally a very reasonably priced place to stay. :yesnod: Here are details about accommodation from the 2009 MG Live: http://mglive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=58 and apparently the website for all the event details is the same as last year's: http://mglive.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

If you're planning on attending stick a post up in this thread! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 14 years 3 months ago #8630

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MG live is great did last year and the show the year before!
before it was rebanded!

I will be going at some point this year! I hope to do all 3 days again

photo from years before are on my facebook page :)

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 14 years 3 months ago #8902

will be there with brass bells on :D

be great if we can stake out a patch together :D
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13139

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Now that we're getting a bit closer I figured I'd start a list of who's going and see if we can have a T-Bar get together up there! :woo2:

So if you're coming stick your name up and what day you'll be going on!

Attendees:

Kara - 6th June
The Prometheus - 6th June
marty c -
Adam-MGTF -

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13143

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Wish I could make it, it's a bit far and we will have just come back from hols.

Are you sure you can go Kara? Are you not banned? :whistle:

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13146

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Wish I could make it, it's a bit far and we will have just come back from hols.

Are you sure you can go Kara? Are you not banned? :whistle:

Oooh maybe I should ask HRH's permission.

You know for a second then I thought you were gonna do a post saying you were coming and then finally we would actually meet in THE REAL WORLD!!! :online2long:

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13150

Oooh maybe I should ask HRH's permission.

You know for a second then I thought you were gonna do a post saying you were coming and then finally we would actually meet in THE REAL WORLD!!! :online2long:

Hey, careful what you wish for! :whistle:
David
:shrug:

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13164

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Hey, careful what you wish for! :whistle:

Lol I've accepted the fact that I'm more likely to meet my maker than any of lovely northern guys n gals we have on here! :lol:

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13166

Lol I've accepted the fact that I'm more likely to meet my maker than any of lovely northern guys n gals we have on here! :lol:

:poke: Ooh, you've met Sheila and me!:don't bite:
Or are we not lovely, mmm?:toetap: :p
David

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13168

any Northerners coming? i'll be down for the sunday the 6th defiantly, doubt i'll be camping so either i'll set off in the wee small hours or ill stay at my dads (leicester) on the sat night
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13169

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

:poke: Ooh, you've met Sheila and me!:don't bite:
Or are we not lovely, mmm?:toetap: :p

Don't tease you know what I mean! :p Any "other" northerners... plus you've been given honorary 'southerner' status for daring to come down south for the bunny run! :lol:

any Northerners coming? i'll be down for the sunday the 6th defiantly, doubt i'll be camping so either i'll set off in the wee small hours or ill stay at my dads (leicester) on the sat night

Sweet we'll have to meet up hun! :woo2:

MGLive! 2010 ~ 4.06.10 - 06.06.10 13 years 11 months ago #13170

Don't tease you know what I mean! :p Any "other" northerners... plus you've been given honorary 'southerner' status for daring to come down south for the bunny run! :lol:

Woohoo, honorary sarffena eh! :woo2:
David

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT