Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 3 months ago #7953

Guess what me and a ZR driver from t'other site have been doing for the past 6/7 hours.... thats right! it'ssssss................
The MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!!!

For years now the south has been hogging all the big meets and weekends on the MG-Rover social calendar and now here is our chance to have our own!

The Date: Saturday the 20th and Sunday the 21st of March 2010

That’s a Full weekend to meet up and enjoy our cars and each others company! Camping will be provided for free on the Saturday night, we'll have a marquee up in case of rain and music will be provided by martind1 :cool:

The Time: 12pm Saturday is when we'll all be meeting

This should give us a full afternoon to get to know each other, show off our cars and show off our work! The afternoon will be action packed with plenty of events as well (see below!)

The Place: The campsite is here;

It's just off the A1 and close to the A19 so it's pretty convenient, for those of you with Sat-Navs or who want to use Google maps the co-ordinates are 54° 9'30.39"N 1°29'16.49"W

Events:

Saturday

After everyone’s arrived we decided to plan a few fun competitions (nothing too serious just for a daft laugh!) Some of which will include:

Best Presented Car (so get polishing!)
Best Audio System
Best Dressed Engine Bay (sorry F/TFers!)
Loudest Exhaust
Brightest lit/Glow car (for the night naturally)
Evening Disco and Drinks :beer2:

harland292, Adam-MGTF and Martind1 will 'judge' but don’t expect anything professional! Points will be awarded for originality and effort :)

As night closes in we'll fire up the disco (a wide range of music will be available so there will be something to suite every taste!) and have the glow car competition... naturally its bring your own booze so we can all relax and have a drink without worrying about having to drive.

Sunday

The weekend will round off on Sunday morning with a run to a local rolling road (16miles from the campsite) we'll be leaving the campsite at 10.00am Sunday morning (maybe subject to change). The tuner there has over 40 years experience tuning cars, it'll only cost £35 for a print out of your current BHP which is a great price and very cool to show off your efforts! The owner has also offered to put on a catering van if there is enough people wanting to go :thumbsup:

This is a GREAT opportunity for us all in the North to meet up and have a great day/night without having to travel a few hundred miles, any suggestions to make the day better please pipe up :)

The boring bit:

Please drink responsibly, respect everyone at the meet and the facilities. Oh as for food/drink, as mentioned everything is 'bring your own' but the local town is only a mile away and so takeaways are close by
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 3 months ago #7954

we've put alot of thought and effort into this so i really hope we can get the northan T-Bar guys there :D oh and its right in the middle of water waiders territory ;)

Obviously the meet is for all MG/Rovers and Harland292 is looking to pack in as many ZRs as he can and i really don't want us showing ourselves up so lets stock a field full of Fs and TFs and put some faces to names :D
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 3 months ago #7961

Oooh sounds exciting hun! I wish you luck with it and have added it to our events calendar: http://www.the-t-bar.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=8&day=2010-3-6 :yesnod:

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 3 months ago #8136

cool thanks kara, really hope it proves popular!

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 3 months ago #8137

cool thanks kara, really hope it proves popular!

Well feel to keep bumping it so as many people find out as possible. :yesnod:

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 3 months ago #8163

Well feel to keep bumping it so as many people find out as possible. :yesnod:

will do, wonder if its worth a post in the T-Bar itself? not sure how many people look in the events section?

come to think of it will link in my sig ;)

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 1 month ago #11453

will do, wonder if its worth a post in the T-Bar itself? not sure how many people look in the events section?

come to think of it will link in my sig ;)

hmmm........ missed this Adam, its Claire's birthday weekend and she has "stuff" planned so won't be able to do the camping, maybe I could try meeting for the sunday run out???

I will try.

:dunno:

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 1 month ago #11454

hmmm........ missed this Adam, its Claire's birthday weekend and she has "stuff" planned so won't be able to do the camping, maybe I could try meeting for the sunday run out???

I will try.

:dunno:

you're very welcome as allways mate, just between me you and the t bar im not 100% whats going on with this meet im struggling to get hold of harland whos organizing it so bare with me... if it doesn't go ahead then i think we may just have a meet on the saturday somewhere

The First "MG-Rover Big Northern Weekend!".... 14 years 1 month ago #11468

my names been down for months....i know about the barn etc but dont think we'll be camping...anyway only live in bradford so not like its a million miles away
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT