Sign In   Register

Topic

South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 12 years 1 month ago #45645

I thought I'd do my bit to celebrate Queenies Silver Jube so I'm organising a camping weekend with a couple of runs thrown in :yesnod:

Camp site is confirmed as:

Wernddu Golf Club
Old Ross Road
Abergavenny
Monmouthshire
NP7 8NG

http://www.wernddu-campsite.co.uk/

It's an over 18s site only, so no kids allowed. Prices are £5 per adult per night, then its £3.50 per non-electric pitch per night and £7.50 for an electric pitch per night, so depending on how big the tents are would determine whether or not you could possibly get two tents on one pitch, or three tents over two pitches, also if people are sharing tents then the pitch price would be between the two of them, for example if there are two people in one tent on a non-electric pitch for the night it would be £13.50 all together.

Caravans are also welcome.

There's a club house on site which is open to all, and they serve hot food from 11am to 3pm. And there's even showers and hairdryers :woohoo:

Current plan is:

Fri - Arrive late afternoon/early evening and set up camp
Sat - Run 'somewhere'
Sun - Run 'somwhere else'
Mon - Head home

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll add you to the list :broon:

Confirmed:

Jan (Fri - Mon)
Jo (Fri - Mon) (£10 deposit paid)
Rob (Fri - Mon)
Chris (Fri - Mon)
Kev (Fri - Mon)
Steve (Fri - Sun)
Joe & Nikki (& Tiny) (Fri - Mon)
Paula (Fri - Mon)
Damien (Fri - Mon)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by fast jan. Reason: Adding list

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 12 years 1 month ago #45648

• Visitor
  • Visitor
No kids :bust: Awesome :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 12 years 3 weeks ago #46681

No one noticed my, ahem, deliberate mistake then of doing this for the SIlver Jubilee... I think I might be 35 years too late!! :coat:

Confirmed attendees list added :broon:

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 12 years 3 weeks ago #46682

Silver, gold, diamond whatever... All the same to me...:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 12 years 3 weeks ago #46690

• Visitor
  • Visitor
2 nights in a tent, I wonder if sleeping in Madam would be more comfortable, I am going to have to phone the B and B and see if they have taxis round there :yesnod:

Are dogs allowed on the site :-?

Joe and Nikki's partners in crime are coming as well Amanda and Paul, not sure of their borg names ..
I will have Sue hopefully with me, although she loves camping as much as I do :sick:

Once you have sorted the runs out maybe put a time on them ?!
That way people who cannot stop over could maybe come and join in for just that :yesnod:

You are doing a fab job xxx

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 12 years 3 weeks ago #46695

2 nights in a tent, I wonder if sleeping in Madam would be more comfortable, I am going to have to phone the B and B and see if they have taxis round there :yesnod:

I'm sure they do taxis, it's not that far out of town, I've just no idea how much it would cost. I'll ring a couple of taxis and see if they'll give me a rough price :broon:

Are dogs allowed on the site :-?

Yep - "Dogs to be kept on a lead at all times and must not be unattended. All mess must be cleared"

Joe and Nikki's partners in crime are coming as well Amanda and Paul, not sure of their borg names ..

Excellent - I'll add them to the list when I know who they are to PM for deposits :yesnod:

Once you have sorted the runs out maybe put a time on them ?! That way people who cannot stop over could maybe come and join in for just that :yesnod:

Me? Work out times? Yeah, righto!!! :bust:

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 12 years 2 weeks ago #47463

• Visitor
  • Visitor
:drive: Jan could you amend ours to just the Saturday for the day and the run.. Cheers babe :broon:

Last edit: Post by .

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 12 years 2 weeks ago #47469

Really looking forward to this one :broon:

Looking at the list theres a lovely crowd going, roll on June.

PS. Our tent is the Coleman Coastline with added porch

Last edit: Post by psymon. Reason: Sona si Latine loqueris

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 11 years 11 months ago #52715

:broon: what a fantastic weekend Jan, we've not been back long, unpacked the car and sat with a glass of wine :beer:

roll on the next one

Photo's will follow guys and you'll realise what a fab time you all missed out on ;)

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 11 years 11 months ago #52719

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
Want to see pics! Preferably lots of drunken ones! :beer:

-=Visit my Website!=-

Last edit: Post by tui.

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 11 years 11 months ago #52737

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Awesome, Fabulous, Brilliant, what a laugh, great company, fab food, no kids. loads of photos, and fast driving, what more could you want, photos to follow, when I have recharged MY batteries ;)

Re: South Wales Camping & Run - June 1st to 4th (ish!) 11 years 11 months ago #52747

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

Awesome, Fabulous, Brilliant, what a laugh, great company, fab food, no kids. loads of photos, and fast driving, what more could you want, photos to follow, when I have recharged MY batteries ;)

Jan, you're making me even more envious!

-=Visit my Website!=-

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT