Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

31st July Maxted & Sons Grand Opening Party 12 years 9 months ago #26019

• birks's Avatar Topic Author
  • birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
Maxted & Sons are holding a Grand Opening for their new business venture in Bradford on 31st July 2011 and will be laying on a day to remember! :woohoo:

I'll sort a run out from the North West (east Lancs area) for anyone wanting to go...more details to follow. If anyone wants to organise a run in from another area, feel free- just let me know and we'll work it out together B)

If you could indicate whether you want to come, along with whether you're up for a run (and if so what area you're from) or whether you'd rather just meet us there at 1pm, then that'll help me to sort things out and also give the guys an idea of the numbers likely to turn up :thumbsup:

Party Goers- East Lancs Invaders
Birks - Maggy
Phil-hex - Phil

Party Goers- up for a run from elsewhere

Party Goers- we'll see you there!

Activities arranged for the day
So to start with, there should be plenty of parking it being a more industrial type area than shopping as the 31st is a Sunday so don't worry about that.

Starts at 1pm and will run until about 4pm or until we all get bored.

Free raffle. Everyone will get raffle tickets on entry along with a discount card and keyring. Raffle prizes include Free full service including all parts and a valet. But in addition there will be T Shirts, Mugs, Fleeces and sweatshirts all in a cool cotton bag as well as some other car related stuff.

Free rally sim competition. Richard Burns Rally game with steering wheel and pedal set up - 1st prize 1/8 radio controlled car...its huge. This is bound to be popular as it is very addictive - once you get the hang of it.

Scalextric track will be set up for anyone who wants to recreate their youth. This is a just for fun thing, if you want to organise your own grudge matches, thats up to you lol.

Cakes, sweets, pop and balloons.....

I may get some car cleaning products at discounted prices and possible some other bits and bobs if I can get them in.

We will not be doing any work on the day, going to be enough running the show so please don't be offended if we can't "just take a look" although quite happy to talk shop. Ask Nathan any K series questions, he is the expert - I'm a bit more old school pre 1990 cars.

In addition to all this there is a 2nd hand indoor market across the road for the car boot type and for the ladies is a nice little dress shop with some real bargains.

When its all over, there is a great pub about 2 miles up the road (Hitchin Post) that does a good carvery for £3.99 each which is where we will be headed for tea.

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 31st July Maxted & Sons Grand Opening Party 12 years 9 months ago #26103

Who or what are Maxted & Sons?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: 31st July Maxted & Sons Grand Opening Party 12 years 9 months ago #26104

Who or what are Maxted & Sons?

http://www.maxtedsgarage.co.uk/about-us/nick-maxted---owner/grand-opening

Re: 31st July Maxted & Sons Grand Opening Party 12 years 9 months ago #26200

Shipley in Yorkshire, shame it isn't Shiply Bridge in Surrey.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT