Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: A Newbies viewpoint - Crackpot Run 21 May 2011 12 years 10 months ago #24422

Great report Paul!
I wish there was a group like The Border Patrol here.
Sounds like a first class group, running first class events
and providing first class first aid!

Well done Border Patrol! :woohoo: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: A Newbies viewpoint - Crackpot Run 21 May 2011 12 years 10 months ago #24465

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
I was just taking a final look at the original photos Saul and I took of the day and had skipped past quite a few because they were blurred.

Upon taking a closer look I realised that three were taken on the final descent to Butter Tubs.

Saul had the camera in sport mode and had taken three shots in very quick succession as we came down the hill and has inadvertently captured the seconds after Paul hit the barrier. In them you can see a cloud dust moving to the left of his car.

cjj has obviously pulled up and is just out of shot from this angle behind the wall. I have zoomed in on the middle one of the three photos

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: A Newbies viewpoint - Crackpot Run 21 May 2011 12 years 10 months ago #24468

fantastic write up, i wouldnt fancy driving around there in the dark :ohmy: :ohmy:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: A Newbies viewpoint - Crackpot Run 21 May 2011 12 years 10 months ago #24471

From those photos, it's easy to see that is a very complex piece of tarmac.
Steep gradients, sharp bends, camber all over the place!

I can see it would be easy to upset the car's handling, if you get it slightly wrong.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: A Newbies viewpoint - Crackpot Run 21 May 2011 12 years 10 months ago #24581

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Paul (Kameleon), how is your search for a new TF going?

Re: A Newbies viewpoint - Crackpot Run 21 May 2011 11 years 9 months ago #58267

You've got to hand it to BMW for insisting that the windscreen strength on the MGF, later evolved to the TF, met with much higher specs which were inputted from BMW's Z3 development program. The frame and windscreen are bonded together and the roll bar is housed in the screens frame. This was a very close call which could have been a lot worse, had it not been for BMW. :dry:

How is Kameleon nowadays?

Selected as a topic of high interest and placed in the 'Words of wisdom section.' - A cautionary tale by 'PQD44' Paul.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT