Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87348

anybody else had this issue, Have been searching around interweb as my rescue dog tends to find the kids old soft monkey and curls up with it.. doesnt chew on it just holds it in his mouth and falls asleep with it.. then found this

Document

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87349

No but my border collie Gem suffers from this

http://www.dogbehaviour.com/articles/dogs/tvaddict.htm

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87350

at least my problem is a quiet one lol.. when he cant find it he gets something else.. thats how come we noticed socks going missing

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87351

lol i'm luckier than that she's quite but can sit and watch television for hours without moving untill a dog or horse comes on then shes off trying to head butt them lol

oh and she used to have a thing for my daughters pants pmsl

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87353

he also like to walk around like he is sucking a cigar lol anything that is tube like.. ie empty toilet roll tubes / smartie tubes its quite funny. i had a spare bit of waste pipe in the bathroom.. he was just walking around with it hanging out the side of his mouth.. was going to say jimmy saville style lol

anybody else have dogs with strange behaviors

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87357

yes we had a dobie that sucked her thigh.

personally i would discourage it. replace it with a biscuit and then put items out of reach.

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87359

yes we had a dobie that sucked her thigh.

personally i would discourage it. replace it with a biscuit and then put items out of reach.

we do.. but he just finds something else to suck on instead.. problem with biscuits is they dont last 2 minutes and he would get fat lol they both get plenty of bones as well just at night we have tried taking everything out of his room but he then wont settle

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87363

well from experience these sort of issues Will escalate... stamp it out now if i was you

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87364

Our mad Springer loves his cuddly toys, he has a dozen or so and carries them in from his bed in the kitchen, to his favourite bit of the lounge.

He doesn't suck them, but lies with them, and uses them as a pillow.

We bought him a 3 foot Winnie the Pooh that he loves and struggles to carry around.

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87366

my babe loves her toys.... is the sucking or mouthing thats the problem... its an insecurity problem and the sucking goes back to suckling when they are young apparently.

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87457

he is a rescue dog that we took in last year, he was basically shut in a crate all day everyday and never left the flat he was in.. so maybe that was hiis source of insecurity.

Dog sucking 11 years 5 months ago #87470

Ours don't bother with sucking first, they go straight for the throat, the two GSDs are alright, its the terriers, anything chewable is chewed, anything destroyable is destroyed. And when they want to play fight with one another, well get out of the room, or get legs and feet out of the way!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT