Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: RIP Sky 11 years 7 months ago #71347

i agree no point in a pm unless she had had puppies and it could be something that could have been passed on.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: RIP Sky 11 years 7 months ago #71349

Not only a family pet but a fully trained working dog.

Sorry to hear this. What type of work out of interest?

Re: RIP Sky 11 years 7 months ago #71379

So sorry to hear of your untimely loss,I have had to make the traumatic trip to the vets twice in the lasy year with my two lovely Rottie girls Both had to have their left foreleg amputated due to cancer albeit a year apart.The last one ,Jessie,battled for two and a half years against the illnessbut Sheva's was very quick,only six weeks from diagnosis to the end.
At the time we said that we would not have any more dogs but a month ago we became "owned" by an adult Rottie who we rescued from the RSPCA.He has not put a foot wrong since he came into the family and we do not know his past history.He was a bit thin when we got him and was lacking in muscle definition on his back legs but after much excercise and good food he is looking a fine specimen.We took him to Bakewell yesterday to interact with the many dogs that go on market day and he acquitted himself brilliantly .He was provoked twice with no adverse response,a fact that was recognised twice by passing members of the public and was fussed many times.I know taking on an older dog can have its risks but we decided to give Apollo a second chance and fortunately its worked out well.
Again,I know the pain you are going through but in time it will ease and you will remember all the good times you had together and feel priveledged to have been able to spend that time with each other.
Kindest regards Neil

Re: RIP Sky 11 years 7 months ago #71380

Lovely sentiment Neil!... and I'm so glad you rescued another Rottie He sounds a great dog!
David
:shrug:

Re: RIP Sky 11 years 7 months ago #71400

Thanks David,
I know everyone thinks their dogs are the best but he really is a good un.Hope your three Rotties are OK
Regards Neil

Re: RIP Sky 11 years 7 months ago #71412

They're doing well, ta.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT