Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61611

Hi all,

I'm sure a few of you out there have a dog/dogs, and I was wondering whether any of you travel with your four-legged friends in the F/TF?

I've been contemplating bringing my pooch out on drives with me but I was wondering on the advisability of it. I've got a harness to secure her in the seat (one of those ones that clicks into the seatbelt clip thing), but when she's previously been in a car, she's been either in a hatchback boot or on the back seat.

I know a lot of it depends on how calm a particular dog is when travelling generally (mine seems to enjoy travelling, but insists on sitting up to look out of the window, rather than laying down), but is it safe to drive with a dog right at the side of you? Also, I've read somewhere that if the airbag deploys, it would be extremely dangerous for a dog in the front seat - can I/should I disable the passenger airbag?

For info, she's a collie-sized whippet/collie/lunatic cross...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61613

I took my Golden Retriever out in my old F a few times, like you I had a harness for him and he loved it especially with the roof down he stick his nose up against the top of the window with his ears flapping and his eyes scrunched up, it looked hilarious, unfortunately this meant I occasionally got covered in drool, small price to pay for the smiles!

Happy days, still miss him
TF160 - Mike Satur 4-2-1 manifold, Sports Cat, Quad Daytona, Z and F Tuning Phase 2 Remap showing 177Bhp @ Janspeed RR day and a Big Grin :D (oh and a glass rear screen and bits of shiny stuff)

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61615

Yep i take Mack our westie out in the car he loves it .

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Insert the pics please :)

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61617

I took my Golden Retriever out in my old F a few times, like you I had a harness for him and he loved it especially with the roof down he stick his nose up against the top of the window with his ears flapping and his eyes scrunched up, it looked hilarious, unfortunately this meant I occasionally got covered in drool, small price to pay for the smiles!

:lol: what a fantastic image!

[quote=Happy days, still miss him[/quote]

so sorry for your loss - dogs are part of the family - still miss the sweet, daft, soppy collie we had when I was growing up :hugs:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaddAussie

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61618

Yep i take Mack our westie out in the car he loves it .

Awww...great photo of him...

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61619

have not done it yet myself but then again i have two dogs so would be a bit cramped lol.. i think my big dog would be fine because he likes to sit up like lord muck anyway.. my little one cant sit still anywhere for more that 30 seconds so would not be a good idea lol

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol
Attachments:

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61636

I took Harry our old terrier out yesterday with the top down, just tied his lead around the head rest so he couldn't go far, he kept standing up and pottering round the seat but he was no bother really

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61638

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Louis comes to most of our meets, he is a yorkie and has a car harness with his own MG coats :yesnod: check out my albums for pictures, or maybe Leigh will put on on for you as I am on my iPad thing :slapme:

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61640

Louis comes to most of our meets, he is a yorkie and has a car harness with his own MG coats :yesnod:

Brilliant! Travelling in style! :yesnod:

Sounds like there's quite a lot of dog owners on here - maybe be we should all have a special meet! ....or maybe that would be a recipe for disaster - a whole line of F's and TF's with a cacophony of barking, as each of the car's canine occupants tries to jump out and play with the dog in the car in front! Uh oh... :lol:

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61666

Louis comes to most of our meets, he is a yorkie and has a car harness with his own MG coats :yesnod: check out my albums for pictures, or maybe Leigh will put on on for you as I am on my iPad thing :slapme:

David Aiketgate takes his Rotweilers out in his F. Nobody has pinched his car yet. Just got to train them to put fires out now. :lol:

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61706

• Visitor
  • Visitor
lol at Leigh

Yes we do have a few doggies that attend Tarcey's Preeti does and we took both Louis and Preeti away camping on Jan's Welsh run :yesnod:

Princess my Great Dane in Madam

Louis's smuggling into pubs bag B)

Attachments:

Re: Canine Co-pilot? 11 years 8 months ago #61718

David Aiketgate takes his Rotweilers out in his F. Nobody has pinched his car yet. Just got to train them to put fires out now. :lol:

:lol: How many Rotweilers can you fit in an MG F? :lol: but yes, I can imagine they make a great security system!

Since everyone has posted pics of their dogs, I thought I should add one of mine too :yesnod:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Pic added :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT