Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27092

Hi All,
I have now got a 3 wheeler Rottie.Two and a half years ago she was diagnosed with bone cancer and given the ultimatum to have her leg off immediately and she would then possibly live 3 to 6 months.Until a couple of weeks ago she had a slight limp but the joint then decided to swell to a hideous size prompting the amputation.Looking forward to getting her back tomorrow.
Regards Neil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27099

dogs can cope with 3 legs remarkably well, if its a rear leg, she'll cope even better. Hope she recovers well :broon:
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Re: Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27101

Hi All,
I have now got a 3 wheeler Rottie.Two and a half years ago she was diagnosed with bone cancer and given the ultimatum to have her leg off immediately and she would then possibly live 3 to 6 months.Until a couple of weeks ago she had a slight limp but the joint then decided to swell to a hideous size prompting the amputation.Looking forward to getting her back tomorrow.
Regards Neil

It's always worrying when our furry friends become sick, but Pete is right, dogs are amazingly resilient with only 3 legs.
There is a 3 legged Rottie running(literally) around Carlisle, quite happily!

Healing thoughts from us and our 3 Rotties. :P
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Re: Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27131

Nice pic of my 3 buddies :yesnod:

Re: Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27158

Just fetched Jessie back,she is not coping as well as her sister Sheva did when she had the same leg amputated (left foreleg) also through cancer.Possible reason was that Sheva had an Opium derived patch fitted which possibly gave her a boost,unfortunately she only lasted 6 weeks as her form of cancer was very aggressive and it attacked her lungs and she died at home.Hoping for a bit more luck this time,thanks for the replies.
Regards Neil

Re: Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27161

Just fetched Jessie back,she is not coping as well as her sister Sheva did when she had the same leg amputated (left foreleg) also through cancer.Possible reason was that Sheva had an Opium derived patch fitted which possibly gave her a boost,unfortunately she only lasted 6 weeks as her form of cancer was very aggressive and it attacked her lungs and she died at home.Hoping for a bit more luck this time,thanks for the replies.
Regards Neil

Aw mate, I'm sure she'll be Ok. I'm crossing everything for her. Best wishes.
David
:shrug:

Re: Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27165

fingers crossed for you here bud
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Re: Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27166

Good luck!
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Jessie 12 years 8 months ago #27169

Another big dog fan here. So, the very best of luck to you both. :broon:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT